𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

THE SKY WAS CLEAR and the day in Republic City was noisy and chaotic but nevertheless quiet and peaceful. The metal bender airship flies overhead through the city as for any signs of danger or trouble.

"Ma'am, troubles in downtown." An officer said, glancing over at the girl who is in charge of the patrol duty.

"Let's move out."

The airship soared over the buildings as a officer approached the microphone. "Stop where you are!"

Five officers went down to sort out the situation as a few minutes later the pilot noticed something down below. "We got a runner." He sighs.
Pushing buttons left and right as the aircraft follows after the waterbender girl on a polobear dog.

"Want to handle this one, Captain?" The co-pilot says, watching the waterbender get away from each officers. "She looks like a tough one."

"Gladly." The girl smirked before walking over to the open door as the aircraft flew overhead the water tribe girl.

The pilot went down to a nearby building for her jump since she cant feel anything from the air. "You're good to go."

The girl nods firmly before jumping off the metal aircraft and landing on a building. With the contact of the earth beneath her bare feet she saw everything. With a small smirk she shoot a metal wire to a building before swinging herself onto the moving train where the girl is fighting off officers left and right.

With a stomp of her feet, the metal roof beneath the avatar shoots upward causing the girl and creature flying up in the air.

The officers from the aircraft saw the opportunity before shooting the wires down to the animal, catching the two in midair. A metal wire wrapped securely around the girls body. Stopping her from moving.

Korra let out a groan, she glanced down to see the girl around her age in an officer uniform. What suprise her was her smokey white eyes.
"Toph?"

The name came out from her lips, watching the girl fixing the open roof of the train before she jumped off.

——

Chief Lin Beifong was met with her daughter, Lei Beifong. The girl had Korra in handcuffs with an officer beside them. The officer explained the situation and Lin had taken Korra in for questioning.

Lei stood outside the metal room with her officer friend, Kamona. The duo had been friends since she first joined the force at the age of fourteen. Kamona was a few years older than her.

The silence was comfortable enough for them to hear the berking of the two women inside.

Lei suddenly felt someone walking towards them, immediately knew the light steps the man took.

"Councilman Tenzin."

Kamona stated formally and saluted.

Tenzin gave him a nod and glanced at Lei. "I'm here to see Avatar Korra."

Lei clicked her tongue and tuned towards the metal wall, with a swift wave a small opening formed. "Councilman Tenzin is here."

Lei's voice sounded gentle yet firm.

Korra narrowed her eyes in suspicion and kept in mind to have a talk with the blind girl.

"Bring him in." Lin sighs in disbelief, pinching her nose in annoyance.

Kamona opened the metal door as Tenzin walked inside with Lei behind him.
"What is the Avatar doing in the city?" Lin stated, going straight to the main point.

"I believe that I wasn't informed by this conversation. The Avatar will be sent immediately back to the Southern Tribe where she will stay." Tenzin said in one slow breath. Feeling frustrated and stressed out.

Korra gave him a look of disbelief and sadness.

"Whatever case Korra has, I will be responsible for it."

Lin sighs in frustration before giving him a nod. "Take her out of my city." Lei waved a hand as the handcuffs removed from the avatar's wrists.

"Come on Korra." Tenzin walked out as Korra immediately followed him, rubbing her wrists with a frown as Lin gave her a 'im watching you' sign. Korra returned the gesture with a mocking expression.

With them being gone, Lin turned to her daughter. "Hows the case coming along?"

"Always the usual suspects, seen nothing, telling lies." Lei replied, turning away to leave.
Lin sighs, feeling stress enough to convers with her daughter. "Go on."

The door opened before the young girl left. Closing behind the door. Walking over to an open window to breathe. Letting out a deep breath of relief.
The girl doesn't have a close relationship with her mother. Lin was always busy with crimes and robbery. Thinking it was a good idea to let her daughter work with her in the force and made her captain. The case she was assigned to was the case of Amon, a non-bender who had a bad history with benders.

The man formed a secret alliance with the civilian to fight against the benders.

Its been more than two years she had been on the case. She couldn't go anywhere without letting her mother know. Lin strictly told the police department to never let Lei go around alone. Thats how she hasn't gotten more information about the Amon situation.

Luckily she had people who know about everything and everyone around the city.