♤ Chapter 1 ♤

Yuki opened his eyes with difficulty. All he saw was darkness. All around him. Was he in the dark?
   -What...
   He lurched forward and hit his head against something. Immediately, he put his hands where he had hurt them. At that moment, his forearms touched the famous wall.
   -Eh?
   He moved his hands in front of him, touching whatever was blocking him. Then he moved them to his sides.
   -Eeeeeeeh?!

   Locked in. He was locked in from all sides. This began to panic him so much that he banged against the wall with all the strength he had.
   -Get me out of here! For pity's sake! Somebody... !

   To his surprise, a voice and the sound of a lock were heard.
   -I'd better hurry up and find a uniform before someone sees me... Gnnh... - That lid weighs a ton!
   Someone was there! He had to take advantage of it and fast!
   -Please open up!
   -Myah?!

  There was a silence that the young boy did not understand. Just as he was about to speak again, he was cut off by the stranger.
   -It must be my imagination, eh. Well, where was I... let's try this! Mya-ha!
   A new noise was heard, followed by a burst of heat, which made the trapped person panic.
   -Waaah?!
   Was that fire? Was he going to burn alive?

   The lid opened, letting a faint light shine on Yuki.
   -Now let's get them... Wah?! You're not supposed to be awake!
   Looking down, once his eyesight had adjusted to his surroundings, the young boy concerned came face to face with a grey cat with blue flames in its ears. Faced with this, he let out a scream before falling forward, getting out of where he was. Then he straightened his head and looked at his saviour.
   -A... A... A... A... talking thing?! he said in a high-pitched voice.
   -Ho- How dare you! Don't call me a thing! I'm Grim, a sorcerer extraordi-!
   He didn't have time to finish his presentation before something fell on his head. A guitar case.

   The cat called Grim stood up, paws on his head, looking annoyed.
   -What kind of surprise attack was this... Tch, whatever! Human, give me your uniform and quick! If you don't... You'll regret it !
   With that threat, he conjured up flames.
   -H- How did you do that?!
   -Mfh! I'm the greatest mage there is, so it's normal that I should be able to do something as simple as that! Come on, hurry up.

   Yuki's eyes widened. That wasn't possible.
   -I... I... I'm... I'm dreaming it's possible!
   -Oe! Don't ignore me! I'm on a tight schedule! said the animal. I'm going to prove to you that you're not dreaming!
   He spat a fireball at the blond, who barely avoided it as he moved. He got up quickly, grabbed his guitar case and put one of the straps on his shoulder. Then he began to flee.
   -Stupid human! You think you can run away from me?!

   Ignoring the animal, the young boy began to flee towards the exit door. His attention was drawn to the elements around him. This was a strange room, with flying coffins.
   Absorbed in his observation and concentrating on not getting another fireball thrown at him, he failed to notice the people in front of him and collided with one of them. This caused him to fall to the ground.
   -Wah- he shouted in surprise.
   When he raised his head he was faced with people dressed in the same outfit. The one he'd bumped into had red hair and looked very annoyed.

   -Y- You! What are you doing here? How could you walk out of your door alone?!
   The boy raised his head in panic.
   -S- Sorry!
   He got up in a panic and hurried out of the room, watching to see where Grim was. Once outside, he closed the door. Then he sighed with relief.
   -Where am I...
   -At Night Raven College.

   At the sound of this voice, Yuki was startled to discover a strange man. He was dressed in a top hat and a raven-like mask.
   -You must be a new student? he asked.
   -Eh ? Student? repeated the blond in complete incomprehension.
   -My, you were so eager to make your debut? Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first to have the temerity to open your own door and walk through it. Does the very notion of patience escape you?
   -Erm... Could you...
   The stranger didn't give the boy time to finish his sentence as he approached him.
   -That's all right. Your orientation has already begun. Let's go back to the chamber of mirrors. he said.

   The man in the raven mask pushed open the door and led Yuki back into the room where, apparently, the problem with the cat hadn't been solved. Or almost.
   -Off with your head! shouted the red-haired boy.
   At that moment a red and black collar appeared around the animal's neck. The animal was surprised and tried to remove it.
   -Ggh- You'll see, I'm going to burn that collar to the ground.
   It seemed to be trying to spit fire but nothing happened.
   -Eh ?
   He tried again but nothing happened.

   -Myah?! What have you done to my magic?! I can't use it anymore! complained the feline.
   -I used my unique magic on you!
   -Ooh! Well done Riddle Rosehearts. What kind of creature is that?
   The man moved away from the blond, who turned his gaze towards the exit door. If no one was paying any more attention to him, perhaps he could escape discreetly. Especially as most of the attention was focused on the struggling animal.

   And so he did. He began to slowly back away towards the door.
   -Where are you going? called back a person wearing glasses.
   -Huh- Uh, I... I'd like to... just leave...
   Yuki lowered her voice, almost inaudible.
   -You should stay here for your orientation! said the man in the raven mask.

   The blonde was clearly having trouble understanding everything that was going on around him at the moment. But perhaps it was time to ask some questions, now that the attention was back on him.
   He took a deep breath, trying to regain his self-confidence. He got back on his feet before putting his hand to his neck, showing that he was a little apprehensive. Then he spoke in a hesitant voice.

   -They... They told me I was at Night Raven College but... what is it, exactly? And... and... what's all this about... Magic?
   Most of them looked surprised, in total incomprehension of the boy's words.
   -Mmh... Your coming here must have confused you. That's what happens sometimes. Night Raven College is a prestigious academy of occult magic. Lucky are the students chosen by the Dark Mirror.

   Magic? Well, after what he'd seen, it wasn't surprising. And yet, from where he came from, it was incredible. But there was a problem.
   -Erm... Can I just... say something... ?
   -What is it? replied the man.
   Yuki hesitated for a moment before speaking.
   -I don't... I don't have any magic...