𝟐𝟒 | 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

Ryuji takes another glance towards the demon, only to feeling Ryuji's grip around my body tighten in response. His fingers dug into skin, as if he's in absolute shock at what he's just realising. Grimacing in discomfort from his hold, he notices as his grip loosens to keep me secure and close to him. "It.......no it's not possible......" his voice grew shaky, before jumping another good distance from the Upper Moon.

In confusion I tug on the collar of his haori, "What is it? What did you see?!"

"I c-can't..." his voice breaks, before lowering me down near the tree. He soon stood tall drawing his blade out, with a sharp 'schwing' from the scabbard. His entire face shifted from protective, to complete disbelief; his hands were shaking. This wasn't like him waver, and the way his face went pale as if seeing a ghost.

"Who is it? Just tell me?!" I demand, pushing myself up against the tree only to collapse.

"I can't!!!" He snaps back, before locking his stance in. "It'll only bring memories back, that I can't erase--"

"Please?!"

The Upper moon chuckles deeply with amusement, while standing there finding our little quarrel humorous. I know we're both trapped in a corner, with Ryuji as the last resort in defeating this demon. This was our chance, but after studying the demon; all memories were blurred and hazy from the eye.

A shadow casts over Ryuji's eyes, "Hiroshi........" he utters out, enough for me to hear. Then lifting his enraged eyes, ".........your name is Hiroshi Mizutsuki, our father aren't you? You may have forgotten, because I recognise you............"

My eyes were widen in realisation and shock, and my chest tightening painfully at this revelation. 

The demon grunts with a smirk, "The name is coming back to me, but.......that's not me anymore," he growls, baring his fangs threateningly. His golden eyes pierced into my soul, as my whole entire body felt frozen in place. The mark on his cheek.......a waning crescent moon, was in the exact same as mine. 

No doubt about it.....

Ryuji's clenches his jaw, "I can't just let you roam free, not like this......" He declares, keeping his composure steady. "This mountain has been stained by blood, by your hands..........I shall not let you taint this land anymore than it has to--"

"Come on, you find out I'm your father, alive and well........" Kuragari scoffs dryly, his eyes not leaving Ryuji's. ".......and you're not at all concerned? How disappointing.......I thought my past self would've taught you better......to respect your elders,"

My anger boils within me, the more he kept rambling on about respect and concern.

"YOU NEVER ONCE CARED ABOUT US!!!!!!" I snap angrily; fear coursing through my veins in the midst of the moment. Tears well up threatening to fall, while my body ached in constant pain of his infliction. Finding even difficult to breath from my cracked rib, the anger that boils inside was trying to surface. 

"Hayami..." Ryuji warns sternly, shifting his position in front of me. 

"So she finally has a mouth, now?" Kuragari counters, finding his eyes filled with disgust and disappointment; that same contemptuous expression. Rolling his shoulders he sighs in annoyance, "I'm sick of this surprising reunion, it's ruining my appetite right now...."

Ryuji's jaw sharpens, and eyes darken with the shift of his blade angling down, "Hayami, run now!"

Within seconds a huge collision occurs between my brother, and our father with the snow flying in every direction. The sound of claws and steel chimes in the air, while the two began fighting on par with one another. Trying to push myself back up, I felt my knees give out collapsing into the snow again. "Come on.......g-get up....." small whimpers leave me, wondering why I couldn't have the strength to stand.