Chapter 1 - The Beginning -

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Rose suggested he talk to the boss, who had been eager to see him. Mr. Dellroy thanked her and walked down the room of the meeting to the door at the end of the corridor with a sense of confidence and purpose. He took a deep breath before opening the big two doors that stood in front of him, knowing that he was about to meet his old boss again for the first time in months.

He stood in front of his boss's office, his hand hovering over the door handle, as he took a few deep breaths to steady his nerves. It had been months since he had last seen his boss, but he could still recall every detail of his appearance - the wavy black hair that always stood out, the tailored suits that hugged his toned physique, and the wide, piercing green eyes that seemed to see right through him.

As he knocked on the door, he heard the familiar creak of the hinges, and his boss appeared before him. The man had not changed a bit, and he was pulled into a suffocating embrace that left him gasping for air. His boss's curly hair brushed against his face, and the scent of mint and lake water filled his nostrils - it was a sharp and refreshing smell that he had not encountered in a long time.

As his boss finally released him, he took a step back and saw the man wiping his eyes. It was an unexpected sight, and he felt a twinge of concern for his usually stoic boss. His boss gestured for him to enter the office, and he took a seat in front of the desk, sinking into the plush leather chair.

Looking around the office, he saw that everything was just as he remembered it. The same pink horse plushie sat on a shelf, the same plants added a touch of greenery to the room, and the same dusty bookshelf stood in the corner. He couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia wash over him.

As his boss sat down in front of him, he saw the familiar look of affection, love, and respect in his boss's eyes. It was a look that always made him feel vulnerable and exposed - as if his boss could see every flaw and weakness he possessed. He cleared his throat, sitting up straighter in a futile attempt to appear taller and more confident. But he knew that his boss could see right through him, just like those piercing green eyes.

Amir walked into his boss's office, feeling a knot in his stomach. His boss, Elio, was a powerful man, with piercing eyes that seemed to see right through him. As he entered the room, he noticed the warm glow of the fire crackling in the fireplace, casting flickering shadows on the wall. The office had a gloomy Gotham theme, with the window glass giving the room a dark, mysterious vibe.

"Hello, boss, how have you been?" Amir spoke, daring to look back at Elio's eyes. Elio stared at him, unimpressed. Amir could feel the weight of his boss's gaze, and he knew he had been caught again. He sighed and resigned himself to the fact that he couldn't stay serious or be serious around Elio, even when he really wanted to.

"I have a special wine for us to celebrate your return, Amir. I was thrilled to hear that you were coming back," Elio said, walking over to his collection of fine wines and champagnes. As he pulled out two wine bottles, Amir noticed the glint of the firelight reflecting off them. Elio poured the dark scarlet red liquid into the glasses, and David handed Amir a glass. He drank the wine without hesitation, feeling the sweet, bitter liquid warm his throat. He noticed that Elio was watching him intently, never taking his eyes off him. He even thought he saw Elio lick his lips while watching him as if he were hungry for something. Amir pushed the thought out of his mind, not wanting to entertain such ideas about his boss, the one person who annoyed him the most and made him feel uncomfortable.

"Don't expect me to say thank you," Amir said with a chuckle. Elio laughed, taking another sip of his wine. "Nope, I don't expect it. I would rather you just be yourself, Amir. It would be foolish to try and put on a fake persona in front of me," Elio said cheekily in his Italian accent, which Amir found annoying. He knew that Elio loved to get a rise out of him, even when he thought he couldn't see it.