|9|

|9| Karma is a Bitch / First Match Part. 2

Who the fuck does he think he is?!

Hoshiko was no longer a nervous wreck standing in right field.

She was now a flaming ball of anger.

She was going to show what she could do and what girls could do.

"That bastard will pay." She seethed through her teeth.

A deadly look rested upon her usually angelic features.

She set herself up back in position. She had a newfound determination coursing through her veins.

"Screw this, I'm going to kick that boy in the nuts after this is all over with." She muttered to herself.

The third batter came up and hit the ball to centre-right field. She ran after the ball.

"Ball!" she called, normally the other fielder would back off but not this time. The centre fielder ignored Hoshiko's call and purposely bumped the girl causing her to fall onto her back.

He picked up the ball and threw it back in. After doing so he turned to the girl on the ground.

"I told you to stay the fuck out of my way!" He said before stomping back to his spot.

Hoshiko clenched her teeth and wanted to give that boy a piece of her mind but she decided to just keep her mouth shut. She got up from the ground and dusted herself off.

Coach watched the whole interaction from Home plate. He made sure to make a mental note to speak with that boy after the game.

The next batter came up and hit the ball into leftfield. All Hoshiko could do this time was to stand there and watch it.

After nearly 20 minutes of play, only one out was made.

They were already 4-0 down.

The next batter came up into the batter's box.

The pitcher had already been switched out after he couldn't even record an out.

There was a runner on first and third.

The pitcher did his windup and the batter swung. The ball was heading straight for the right-field fence. Hoshiko began to run back towards the ball. She could see the centre fielder in the corner of her eye.

'Oh no you're not'

She thought to herself. The trajectory of the ball made it easy to see that it was going to go over the fence. Because of this, all runners took off.

As the wall got closer, Hoshiko braced to jump the wall, she jumped and grabbed onto the top of the wall she reached over as far as she could. She felt the ball land into her glove, and she squeezed her glove hard.

Once she jumped down from the wall, she fired the ball into first base.

"OUT!" The Coach called. It was now three outs, so that meant that the first years could now go and sit down.

Hoshiko sat down on the bench and grabbed her drink bottle and took a big gulp of water. The first batter for the first years stepped up to the box. However, it didn't last very long and he struck out.

The same happened with the second batter.

And the third batter.

And within 5 minutes, the first years were back out on the field.

Everyone in the dugout groaned. Hoshiko let out a deep sigh as she pulled herself up from the bench and made her way out the dugout.

As she stepped out, she tripped over a bat. She fell to the ground and landed face first in the dirt.