𝟙𝟜

You woke up early in the morning after having a nightmare. You couldn't remember exactly what it was about, but it still spooked you. You were afraid that something might've happened to Seishu and thought it'd be a good idea to go downstairs and check on him. So that's what you did.

You went downstairs and saw that Seishu was safe and sound, nothing to worry about. That was until he started squirming around in his sleep. Perhaps he was having a nightmare as well.

Your suspicions were proven true as Inui jolted awake, his breathing shakey and heavy, and beads of cold sweat pricking his forehead. He looked up to see you standing beside the doorway, slight worry visible on your face. "You okay, Seishu?" You asked. You only got a nod in response, but he clearly wasn't okay. You thought it'd be best to get him a glass of water, so you went to go do that. Until a voice started calling you as you stepped out the doorway. "Please don't leave." Seishu called out to you, his voice shakey and on the brink of tears. Whatever that nightmare was about, it sure as hell scared him.

You walked on over to the sofa he lay on and wrapped an arm around him while rubbing circles in his back. Growing up with a lack of a parental figure, you never really learnt how to comfort people. You only really learnt how to once you met Baji, but even then, he wasn't the best with his words or actions but him holding you with one arm and rubbing slow circles on your back with the other always seemed to help calm you down whenever you were upset. This seemed to calm Seishu down as well. His breathing became steady again, and he stopped shaking. "Thanks, y/n." He said, his voice now sounding calmer. You just stayed quiet, unsure of how to respond.

You both sat there for a while, both staying silent and Seishu still being held in your arms. That was until your eyelids started getting heavy, and you released Inui from your embrace. Then his shoulder got heavy as your head fell onto it, your eyelids now completely covering your eyes. "Sleep well, cutie." Inui whispered as he wrapped you in the blanket that was around himself. He pulled you down as he lay down himself, your head now laying on his chest as he drifted off to sleep.