8. Heart and Soul

The doctor shone a light at Y/N's eyes and instructed him to keep his eye on his finger

As Karina was climbing down from the door shed, she lost her grip and fell. Y/N was fast enough to catch her, but the suddenness of the action had made him lose his balance. He managed to break Karina's fall, but there was nothing but concrete to break his. He hit his head against the ground and passed out.

Karina had been frantic. She shook him and held his face and called out his name until he started regaining consciousness. He'd only been out for about thirty seconds, and the sharp pain in the back of his head had started to subside by the time Karina led him back to the gym and told Minju what happened.

He told them that he felt fine, but both girls insisted that he see a doctor in case he had a concussion.

So now he was sitting on the examination table while Dr. Kwon did a few tests.

"Do you know what day it is today?" the doctor asked.

"It's Friday," Y/N answered.

"What year is it?"

"2023," he looked left as the doctor moved his finger.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Doctor's office," Y/N said. "Kwon Jung Ho, M.D."

He turned the flashlight off. Y/N blinked, getting his sight accustomed to the white lighting in the doctor's office once more. Minju was sitting in a chair by the sink, patiently waiting for news about his condition. Karina was on leaning on the other end of the examination table, doing the same.

"Well?" Karina asked. "Yea or nay on the concussion?"

The doctor discarded his rubber gloves. "I don't think you have a concussion, Y/N," said the doctor. Y/N let out a sigh of relief, as did Karina and Minju.

"And you said your head doesn't hurt too much, right?" asked the doctor. Y/N nodded. "That's a good sign. Again, I don't think the injury is very serious, and you definitely don't need to stay overnight. Although..."

The doctor turned to Karina. "You should probably wake him up a couple times tonight," Dr. Kwon said to her. "Every couple of hours. Ask him a few questions, make sure he's lucid. Just to be safe."

Karina gave the doctor a slightly horrified look. Did the doctor think that she was going to-?

"Oh, no no no," Karina said, waving her hands frantically. "We're not-I'm not-actually, Minju is his girlfriend."

She gestured over to Minju, the girl who was actually going to be sleeping with him tonight and, therefore, should probably be in charge of the waking every couple of hours, too. The doctor, flustered, looked between the two girls.

"Oh," he said, turning to Minju. "My apologies. Well, you heard what I said, didn't you? Every couple of hours."

Minju nodded. There was a strained, polite smile on her face. Y/N jumped down from the examination table.