Chapter One

Song for Chapter 1
Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adeline's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior year. It was something that seemed both exciting, and frightening. It was a time when you had college on your mind, and most people were ready to leave the place they had as their second home for four years, or for some unfortunate people, more than four years. Senior year seemed like one of those magical times in your life where everything was supposed to fall into place. To change. However, for me, everything had been changing for the past three years.

"I'm sorry about this, sweetie." My mom said, as we sat in the same spot we had been for the past hour. Tonight was Senior Scribe for the seniors. I didn't exactly know what was going to happen tonight, I just knew that Stiles had desperately wanted all of us to tag along. "It's fine mom. It's not your fault. I'm sorry that I drug you into this mess." I told her, meaning the traffic jam.

As much as I loved my mom, I had not told her what had happened over the past few years. She knew nothing about the supernatural world, nor did my dad or younger sister. It was better that way. It kept everyone safe.

I looked down at my phone, still seeing that I had no bars from where we sat. "I'm going to go see if I can get some service." I told her. My mom just nodded, before looking back out the window. I stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind me. To my dismay, I saw that I still received no signal. I sighed, looking up from my phone. When I did, I spotted a girl that looked like Kira, standing by a car a couple up. I began walking towards her, glad that I could find someone who was going to the same place as me.

When I got to her, I tapped her shoulder lightly. Kira jumped a little. Turning around quickly to look at me. She smiled a little once she realized it was me, before speaking. "Hey Adeline." She said. "Hey. Do you not have any bars either?" I asked her. Kira shook her head, glancing down at her phone for a minute, before turning her attention back to me. "No. I'm guessing you don't either?" She asked me. I shook my head. "No. Sadly. Of course this happens tonight." I told her. Kira nodded her head looking down at her phone again. "Exactly."

"I didn't get anything either." A voice said, causing both mine and Kira's heads to turn. I saw a boy, standing outside his car, his phone in his hand. The boy was unfamiliar. I had never seen him before. He had brown hair, and blue eyes, and he wore a kind smile on his lips. He was attractive, I had to give him that. Both of us just made eye contact for a minute, and I gave him a small smile back.

"I'm going to go back in and talk to my parents. Hopefully I'll see you sometime tonight." Kira said, causing me to break the gaze I held with the boy. I gave Kira a wider smile, and nodded. "Yeah, I should probably get back to my mom." I told her. "Alright. See you later." Kira said, getting back into her car. I glanced up, trying to see if the boy was still there. However, no one was there in the place where he once stood. My smile faded, and I turned, walking back towards my moms car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About twenty minutes had past since I had talked to Kira, and we had not moved an inch. In that time, Scott had picked up Kira, and taken her to the school on his motorcycle. I knew that I was getting no where by just sitting here, and knew that it would be a better idea to walk. "Hey mom, I think I'm going to just walk from here." I told her. "Are you sure, Adeline?" My mom asked me. I smiled and nodded as well. "Yeah. It's just about ten minutes. I'll be fine." I told her. "Okay, please be careful." My mom said, her voice sounding a little wary. "Mom. I'll be fine. Promise. Thank you for at least trying to take me. Love you." I told her, opening the door. " Love you too. Text me when you get there." She told me, as I got out of the car. "I will." I told her, before shutting the door. I was glad to get out of the car for two reasons. One was that I was going to get to the school quicker. The other, was that it felt like something bad was about to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reached the school, the first thing I tried to do was find at least one person I knew. I had practically walked around the whole outside of the school, looking for at least one familiar face. As I was walking towards a place that was mostly deserted, I heard a sound of what sounded like someone yelling. I quickened my pace, hoping that no one was in too serious of danger.

The yelling had come from a tunneled area behind the school, and the person that was in danger, was Scott. I walked over to where Liam, Stiles, and Malia were standing, watching Scott. I didn't bother asking what was going on, I was too shocked at the sudden situation to even say anything. Right as I was going to ask what was going on, Scott reached out, breaking the creatures arm.

"I don't know who you are, or what you thought you were gonna do. But I'll give you a choice. You can stay, and I'll break something else, or you can run. I'd run." I heard Scott say, looking down at the creature from where he stood. The creature stood up at his words, walking away from him. As the creature walked one way, Scott walked the opposite, towards us.

"Well, look who's finally here." I heard Malia say, causing me to look up at her. "Sorry, traffic jam." I said, right as her attention shifted to something else. I followed her gaze, and saw that she was looking at someone standing by where Scott once stood. The boy turned around, looking at us. It took me a second before I realized that the boy, was the boy I had seen earlier. "You don't remember me, do you? I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade." The boy said, walking towards us.

"Theo?" Scott asked, after a second of silence. "Do you know him?" Malia asked, speaking exactly what I was thinking. I didn't even know what the odds could be of a boy who I had seen earlier, being someone that Scott had known since elementary school. "They used to. Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. But a couple months ago I heard about an alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall, I just couldn't believe it. And not just an alpha, but a true alpha." The boy explained, answering Malia's question as he did.

"What do you want?" Scott asked him, his voice sounding slightly harsh. "To move back to Beacon Hills. Back home with my family. Because I want to be a part of your pack." Theo told him. It was silent between everyone for awhile, the words just sinking in. As my eyes stayed on the boy, who I now knew was Theo, I saw his eyes shift as well. It took me a second to realize that his gaze was on me. I watched as his lips curled up into a smile, before his gaze let mine. From the moment this happened, I knew something. I knew that senior year was about to get a whole lot more difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senior Scribe had gone great, and had actually been more fun then I thought. Well, as fun as vandalizing could be. We needed up going to a library in Beacon Hills, and every senior wrote their initials on a metal bookshelf. However, even as I did this I couldn't keep my thoughts of the boy. I was curious about him. Even though he was attractive, I had to admit that, to me, something didn't seem right about him. I didn't know wether he was someone that Scott should let into his pack or not. I didn't even know if this boy, was someone we could even trust.