Tide of the Mother Part 2

Start from the beginning

But no one could answer that question because Ramon instantly got a sea of glares from all the Trolls, especially one from McJagger, who stated bluntly while staring the Reggaeton Troll down, "Senor Ramon."

Back in the underground cavern of the cave, Twilight and Laguna were still locked in their familial embrace, feeling nothing but utter joy and relief to see each other again after many years of separation between them.

Amidst the hug, Twilight muttered softly, her voice wavering in the still-high emotions she felt, "Oh kelpcake; my beautiful baby girl."

She then took a step back, saying, "Let me look at ya," and cupped her daughter's face gently, saying with feelings of pride and joy as she gazed at how much her daughter has grown up since her days as a little guppy, "Oh, you've grown up so beautifully."

Laguna's eyes glistened in awe/happiness as she said while hugging her mom again, "I've missed you so much, mom," as Twilight smiled and replied while hugging Laguna close to her, "I've missed you so much too, kelpcake."

"I was so scared that I'd never see you again," Laguna commented, feeling some tears bubble around her eyes as she added, "I thought that you'd be...gone forever, either dead or lost somewhere that I'd never find you."

Twilight responded, "I almost didn't last in here, kelpcake; I would've been dead within days from today if ya hadn't come in here and found me. I was so ready to lose hope...but I didn't want to give up on being able to return to my family. It was the only thing that kept me motivated, that kept me strong enough."

The middle-aged Techno then let out a small chuckle, saying, "And thank Troll it worked because who knew that I'd end up being found by my own flesh and blood"?

She then slowly broke the hug, placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders while saying, "And look at ya, ya lil' whippersnapper; you've gotten so big! You were but only a guppy the last time I saw ya, and crikey now, you're a strong, confident, brave woman standing before me."

Laguna's tears fell as the anTrollpologist's smile grew wide, saying in response, "Note: I had a great role model to look up to as a child...who became my inspiration to follow in her footsteps as I got older."

Twilight's smile grew before she asked, "How did ya even know where to find me? I thought no one would've come in here to look for me after I got captured."

Laguna replied, "My friends encouraged me to try and look for you, and when we went to Techno Reef to look for clues, my brother showed us your old logs and we found out that you were heading here to explore, and we used the map that you kept in the journal to follow your tracks and track you down. We went through all the places that you went through, following each landmark, to find our way here. I would've never stopped looking until I got to see you again."

Then, Laguna's facial expression seemed to drop slowly, her smile becoming more of a semi-frown as she said, "We didn't know that this was all a nasty set-up by Senor Ramon...I didn't know that this was secretly a trap he planned to catch you and keep you captive. My friends had talked about it, and wanted to approach this safely..." before her frown grew more prominent as she added, "And I didn't listen. I snuck away without them knowing...and didn't even bother to hear them out."

Laguna stepped away, clutching her hands into fists as she whispered, "Note: I'm an idiot...I'm such an idiot. My friends were only trying to help...and just like before...I pushed it away...letting my emotions cloud my morals and...influencing me to act like I knew what I was doing was right...when in return...I end up getting myself trapped the same way you did. Too blinded by my emotions to...think clearly...or act clearly."

The anTrollpologists' knees quivered slightly as she unclenched her hands, still feeling them ache from the electrified cage bars earlier, before she looked down at the ground sadly, saying, "Note: they probably hate me for doing what I did...and I wouldn't blame them. Why would they still want to show support to me when all I've done was act so poorly"?