Lucky: "S-sure"

The two dogs walk over to the bench with a scenic overlook which looks over the city

Chloe: "So I take it that our friends abandoned us"

Lucky: "Wouldn't be the first time.."

Chloe: "What do you mean?"

Lucky: "Mackenzie's always spending all his time with Bluey"

Chloe: "Sounds like someone's jealous"

Lucky: "I am not!"

Chloe gives him a look which immediately makes him rethink his statement

Lucky: "Well, maybe a little bit..."

Chloe: "It's ok, I understand. It can be frustrating at times. They're a perfect couple. It's almost like they're meant for each other and the stars have just aligned. Meanwhile I'm just left to wait for my turn."

Lucky: "Wow, that's exactly how I feel"

Chloe: "Yeah, I just try to suppress those feelings. I don't want to lose my best friend"

Lucky: "I haven't been as good at doing that. I give Mackenzie a lot of crap and maybe I shouldn't"

Chloe: "Wow Lucky, I never knew you were this deep"

Lucky: "There's a lot of things you don't know about me"

Chloe: "Oh yeah, like what?"

Lucky: "Well...nevermind"

Chloe: "Just know that if you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm your girl"

Lucky: "Thanks, Chloe"

The two began to converse over life and school as they basked in the beauty of the surrounding landscape. The sun began to set leaving its bright colors behind to give way into the darkness of the night. It was a sunset unlike any other, with the sun disappearing to a landscape of vivid pink and tangerine...

Mackenzie

Mackenzie made his way over to Lucky to discuss the events of the night before.

Mackenzie: "Hey Lucky, sorry about not making it to the park last night"

Lucky: "Where were you bro?"

Mackenzie: "My dad made me do something"

Lucky: "Sure buddy, sure"

Mackenzie: "Anyways, what'd you do?"

Lucky: "Well, Chloe was there and we talked for a while"

Mackenzie: "Oh, finally talking to a girl I see"

Lucky rolls his eyes and scoffs at the remark

Lucky: "We actually hit it off a bit and we ended up talking for about an hour"

Mackenzie: "Good on you mate"

Lucky: "Yeah, I think we might go back out for dinner or something later this week"

Mackenzie: "At this rate, you'll be asking her to the formal by next week"

Lucky: "Maybe, I don't know"

Just then, the bell rings signaling for a class change and the two go their separate ways. Mackenzie begins to look for Bluey to tell her the news.

Mackenzie: "Bluey, Bluey"

Bluey: "What is it Kenzie?"

Mackenzie: "Apparently the 'date' went well and they're going out for dinner later this week"

Bluey: "That's great Kenzie!"

Mackenzie: "Yeah, I know. Maybe now Lucky will stop being so jealous"

Bluey: "Anyways, do you know what's coming up Kenzie?"

Mackenzie: "Umm...no??"

Bluey: "Not one guess?"

Mackenzie: "Nope"

Bluey: "It's my birthday silly"

Mackenzie: "Oh, right..."

Bluey: "Anyways, can you come to my party? It's nothing big, only my family members"

Mackenzie: "As long as you think your family won't mind"

Bluey: "It shouldn't be a problem. Just be weary of my cousins"

Mackenzie shudders at the thought of Muffin

Mackenzie: "Sure, I'll come"

Bluey: "Great, now let's get to class"

And so the two matchmakers walked to class...together.

Author's Yap Session

Sorry for the delay! It's a short chapter, as always. This time, I'm keeping the yapping to a minimum. Next chapter either in a week or six months, idk.