Catching Up

I walk through the camp with the General beside me. She has her arm around my shoulder as she tells me about what has happened after the blast and how this all started.

"It's been a week since that nuke blew up in the city, your one damn lucky bitch to be alive right now. Oops, excuse my language. Anyways, those Bugs, or more commonly known as 'Xenomorphs' were a stupid experiment by the Weyland Corp. they always wanted to make big money... Guess they thought those things would give em' lots.

"They began to do experiments on animals at first, said they found these 'Facehuggers' while out in space or some crap. The Facehuggers would latch onto their victims and put a baby one of the aliens inside them. After at least a day a 'Chestburster' would pop out and kill the host in the process, eventually that would grow into the monsters we now see today.

"They took over your city first, now their spreading all over the country. Soon the world will be one giant nest for them. We put the nuke in the city despite knowing it would kill thousands. The queen blew up in the blast and left the Xenos without a mind to guid them. We all thought that we saved the day. But now a new queen has made a nest somewhere. And I'm afraid it might be closer than we think."

I stare at the ground for a bit. I was unconscious for a week? And, and, and I didn't get killed by the Xenos?

"Kid, you ok?"

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by the voice of the general. "Um yea, yea I'm fine..."

The general looked unconvinced. "No you're not. You're far from fine. We don't want a kid suffering from shell shock do we?"

I shook my head and earned a warm smile. "You know, I never told you my name."

I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly. It's just like the movies. But this isn't a movie. "What's so funny?" Asked the general. "Nothing, so what is your name?" "Carolyn, if you want, you can call me Carrie." "Nah, I'll just call you Carolyn."

Carolyn chuckled and picked up the pace slightly.

"This is where you can sleep. Maybe me and the team will teach you how to use a gun." "Me and the team?" I teased "don't you mean 'the team and I?'"

Carolyn's face got serious and she looked me right in the eye. "Look ki- Brianna, I'm glad your starting to get more cheerful but this is war now. Don't go agitating my team or being silly or we'll feed you to the Xenos."

I gulped heavily and looked at the ground. Geez, this woman really can't take a joke.

Carolyn laughed and patted me on the back. "C'mon now? You really think we'd feed you to those beasts? I was joking! But really, don't make enemies before you have freinds. Especially since the world might be ending."

"Got it,"

"Good. Now go to bed. You got a big day in the morning."

I climbed into a green tent and look around.

There were two sleeping bags, a lantern, and some crates.

I lay down in the red sleeping bag and stared at the top of the tent. My head swam with questions tht probably wouldn't be answered anytime soon.

As i thought some of these questions I began to sink into oblivion as sleep overwhelmed me.