Sick Day

Bolo woke up to the brightness of the sun in his face, he got up, put on clean clothes and as he's about to brush his teeth, He hears really bad coughing like someone was hacking up a lung,

He went into the room right next to his and saw a very ill Plink, She was pale, Her nose, Eyes and Ears were all red, Bolo went up to her and rubbed her head, he could feel her Fever, She looked up at him with a weak but happy smile.

"Plink! how are you feeling" Bolo asked her, "N-Not Good" She said, Bolo could tell that she had a cold, Bolo tucked her back in her covers, "I'm gonna make you some Tea" He said warmly.

"W-Wait You Don't have to d-do that for me!" She said, as Bolo put his hand on her shoulder "You Helped me Recover when i was Shot by Risky, So I'm gonna Return the Favor For you!" He said as a smile grew on Plink's face. 

"T-Thank You!" She said happily but sickly, Bolo rubbed her head, He left to go get her an ice pack for her fever, And to make her something for her cold, After a while Bolo came into her room with a bowl of homemade Chicken Soup.

She ate some of the soup and was in love with it, After drinking the soup Plink rested in bed, Bolo sat by his friend the whole time, He wanted to take this time to tell her about his feelings, But he was too nervous and embarrassed to do so.

As the day progressed, Plink's condition seemed to improve slightly. The warmth of the chicken soup had eased her throat, and the ice pack had brought down her fever. Yet, Bolo couldn't shake off the worry that lingered in his mind. He watched over her, fetching her water and adjusting her blankets whenever she shivered.

Plink drifted in and out of sleep, her breathing gradually becoming less labored. Bolo stayed by her side, his thoughts racing as he debated whether to express his feelings. He had known Plink for years, and their friendship was something he treasured deeply. But lately, he had begun to feel something more, something he wasn't quite ready to admit even to himself.

As evening approached, Plink stirred from her slumber, her eyes fluttering open. "Bolo?" she whispered hoarsely, her voice still weak from the sickness.

"Yeah, I'm here," Bolo replied softly, his heart skipping a beat at the sound of her voice.

"Thank you for taking care of me," Plink said, her gaze meeting his. "I don't know what I would've done without you."

Bolo felt a warmth spread through him at her words, but he still couldn't bring himself to confess his true feelings. Instead, he smiled gently and brushed a strand of hair away from her forehead. "You'd do the same for me," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Plink reached out and took his hand, her fingers intertwining with his. "I'm lucky to have you as a friend," she said, her eyes filled with gratitude.

Bolo felt a surge of emotion wash over him, his heart pounding in his chest. He squeezed her hand gently, unable to find the words to express what he felt. In that moment, surrounded by the quiet of the room and the steady rhythm of Plink's breathing, he knew that he would always be there for her, no matter what.

As night fell and Plink drifted back to sleep, Bolo stayed by her side, his mind filled with thoughts of the future. And though he still hadn't found the courage to tell her how he truly felt, he knew that their bond was stronger than words could ever convey. And perhaps, in time, he would find the courage to take that leap of faith and tell Plink what was in his heart. But for now, he was content to simply be there for her, to cherish every moment they shared together.