{1}

It's been about 3 months since I was hired at the company, luckily not having to use that stupid elevator. They have stairs, luckily, that I am the only one to really use. I now had trauma from those events, think I'm joking. Never EVER want to use an elevator again! But I still come back to the company, I need this job. I wouldn't be able to live in my apartment or buy groceries without this job. Needed the money.

I sighed as I stood up from my small black office chair. I had a small cubicle, nothing much but some office supplies and a computer but one small fake pot plant in the corner that I put there a few weeks ago. I don't know why but I had it at home and thought it would look nice in my office space, give me something a bit nice rather than the plain boring office stuff I had to look at every day.

As I turned towards the exit of my cubicle, I saw my coworker standing there with a wide smile on his face and a hand running through his hair. He always looked so confident or cocky which was both in this matter or in my opinion. I raised an eyebrow, feeling nervous. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you have left by now?" It was the end of the work day, almost everyone was already gone. Everyone on this floor was, it was just me and my coworker who works on the floor above me.

He laughs. "Thought I'd walk out with you, chat a little bit." He grinned. "Why? Can't I be a little nice and wanna chat with my coworkers?" He tilted his head slightly to the side in a condescending manner.

I didn't know if he was being serious or not, it's hard to tell with him but I most of the time always think he's being sarcastic or funny in his own way. I gulped, being more nervous now. "No, you can..." I muttered as I looked down to t he ground. "L-Let's just start heading out." I say as I walk past him and to the stairs. He follows behind me.

"So, how's your day?" He asked. I didn't understand why he was so interested in me now, he's been doing this for about a week now but he'd always talk to me during breaks after I started working here. I didn't get it nor do I want to try and understand him either.

"It was good." I shrugged. "Nothing too bad, just like always." This was the first time he wanted to walk out with me though, that made me curious. He laughed at my statement. "I assumed so." He put his hands into his pockets. He looked forward instead of at me.

"What about your day?" I asked as I looked at him, I was never good at eye contact so I didn't look at him when he looked at me because he always looked in my eyes. He had an intense stare as always and it made me more nervous every time I looked back at him when he was.

"Huh?" He looked back at him which made me look away, he immediately made eye contact with me which made my stomach feel like it was turning. "Oh," He realized what I asked, he must have been lost in thought before because it seemed like he was with the way he stared off and was quiet which wasn't like him very much. "Boring." He chuckled. Man, he laughed a lot.

I didn't understand this guy at all, he's confusing. Very confusing. We officially made it down the stairs and towards the exit. "Boring?" I repeated in more of a question. I didn't know what answer to expect but that was not a surprising answer from him. He looked away from me which I let out a sigh of relief when he did. Damn Anxiety.