Tide of the Mother Part 1

Start from the beginning

Under normal circumstances, Laguna would want to study further into this and do close-up analyses, and she was already making mental notes on coming back outside ina bit to study this "structure" further into detail, but Laguna quickly shoved her thoughts aside, saying, "I can study this later; right now, I gotta go in and see if my mom is still here."

"I'm coming, mom," Laguna said in determination as she walked into the cave, determined to try and locate her mother.

Laguna slowly entered the cave, eyeing the torches that hung on the wall and illuminated the entrance's walls. The eerie sound of the wind from outside blowing into the inside made Laguna's nerves feel a little uneasy, but she didn't let her nerves get to her, shoving aside any feelings of nervousness and fright to focus on looking for clues about where her mother could possibly be.

As the interior of the cave got darker, Laguna instinctively made her hair and skin glow, showing some light that made the inside appear less dark.

Eyeing how it looked on the inside, as she trekked deeper, she soon found herself entering the "Catacomb"'s main platform area, which looked quite bare, stalactites decorated with embedded growing crystals that sparkled like chandeliers, and along the back wall, 5 tunnels that led to who knows where, possibly somewhere deeper below or above this place.

Suddenly, as Laguna was looking at each of the tunnels along the wall, something sparkly caught her eye, making her turn her head and look at the tunnel on the far right. She walked towards it and looked inside, not seeing anything present except for the sight of something sparkly and glistening coming from the far end of the tunnel's passageway.

Curious, she walked into the tunnel, trying to narrow down where the glimmer came from, though her footsteps remained light and quick since she was still feeling antsy about being inside, and her desire to try and locate her mom in this place ran deep.

She walked for what felt like a good 5 minutes before she saw the end of the tunnel's passageway, showing an entrance laced with rubies and emeralds, showing the entrance to another area of the cave.

Laguna walked into the room and what she saw made the anTrollpologist's eyes widen in surprise and her mouth drop in shock.

Inside the room, there were shelves loaded with all kinds of rare valuables: bags of gold coins and jars with shiny jewels, but the most shocking part of all of this was the massive amounts of artifacts that covered these shelves! Ranging from small gold statues to massive pottery with images of ancient figures in history, to Greek-themed statues, silver fossils, and just about everything else in between! To anyone interested in history or archaeology, this was like a paradise of facts to study up on!

"Oh...my...Troll," Laguna commented to herself in stunned disbelief, her eyes glimmering in awe, saying as she walked in and looked around, "There's so many artifacts here just stored away! Along with all these coins and gems; how on Earth did they all end up here"?!

She noticed a golden globe and walked up to it, picking it up and inspecting it, saying, "Note: All of these treasures look like they've been here for so many years! My mother must've spent so much time here trying to track all of these things down"!

Suddenly, she heard a voice shout harshly, the tone of voice making Laguna squeak in fright and jump a bit from being startled, "Oye, ¡¿qué estás haciendo con eso"?!

Laguna quickly turned around, the golden globe still in her hands, as she gazed at who the voiced belonged to, eyeing a purple male Reggaeton Troll who stared her down sternly, thinking Laguna was possibly a thief who wanted to steal his treasures.

Laguna quickly spoke up, saying defensively, "I-I'm so sorry, sir; I-I was just looking around is all"!

What she didn't know was that this Reggaeton Troll was none other than Senor Ramon, the same Troll who she had no idea kidnapped her mother long ago. And as for Ramon himself, when he noticed the Troll who had her hands on one of his "priceless items", he felt almost taken aback, eyeing that she looked almost like the same Troll whom he had planned an elaborate trap for long ago.