Prologue

A man sat alone in an office, a pneumatic door on either side of him. He was breathing quickly, sweat rolling down his face. It was only three A.M., but he was nearly out of power. It was his last night at the job, and he was scared it would be his last alive too. As the power bar slowly ticked closer and closer to empty.

He heard a thudding in the left hall, so he closed the door. He didn't want to die, and he didn't want to see the faces of his childhood idols before he died either. However, having the door down was draining more power than having it up, and eventually, power ran out and the door lifted back up.

"Shit," was all the man had time to say before two glowing blue eyes appeared in the left doorway, a music box beginning to play. He was breathing heavily, backing away from the eerie music. When the eyes went dark, the man ran.

The same loud thudding he'd heard in the left hall was now chasing after him. As he made his way through the dark building, he saw the still-glowing exit sign. He picked up the pace and ran headlong into the closed door. Pounding on the door, he began crying.

He tried forcing the door open, but to no avail. It was locked. Sealed. Just like his fate. He turned around, his hands shaking, as the thudding slowed to a stop. There, in the dim light from the streetlamps, stood one Freddy Fazbear.