Slytherin

Chapter 11
Slytherin
1300 Words

The soft light of dawn filtered through the curtains of the Slytherin dormitory, gently rousing Harry Potter from his slumber. He frowned, confused, the slytherin dormitory had no windows, looking around, he realised that the floating candles were enchanted to mirror the daylight outside.

Stretching lazily, he blinked away the remnants of sleep and sat up in bed, his mind already buzzing with anticipation for the day ahead.

With a yawn, Harry swung his legs over the edge of the bed and made his way to the shower, noticing no one else was up yet. After a refreshing shower, he walked out, trying to smoothen his hair and reached for his school uniform. As he dressed, the rest of his dorm mates awoke, Draco being the first. He smoothed out the wrinkles and adjusted his tie before running a hand through his unruly hair.

"Morning, mates," Harry greeted his dorm mates with a smile as he joined them on their way to the Great Hall. Blaise Zabini, Adrian Pucey, Theodore Nott, and Draco Malfoy nodded in return, their own excitement evident in their expressions.

"I'm starving," Harry remarked, his stomach rumbling in agreement. His dorm mates chuckled in response, all too eager to indulge in the feast awaiting them in the Great Hall.

Approaching the Ravenclaw table, Harry spotted Hermione Granger and ran towards her leaving his friends to greet her. "Morning, Hermione!" he called out, a warm smile spreading across his face. Hermione blushed slightly but returned his smile, and they exchanged a quick hug before She joined him to go towards the Gryffindor table, where Harry spotted Neville Longbottom.

With a grin, Harry approached Neville and extended a hand in greeting. "Morning, Neville!" he said warmly. Neville returned the handshake and pulled Harry into a brief hug, a fond smile lighting up his face, while he pulled Hermione in for a hug too. Harry then made his way back to his own house table for breakfast.

Back at the Slytherin table, Draco Malfoy raised an eyebrow, his expression turning sour. "What were you doing over there, Potter?" he sneered, his tone laced with disdain.

Harry's smile faltered, confusion flickering in his eyes. Before he could respond, Blaise Zabini stepped in, his voice calm but firm. "They're friends, Malfoy. It's called being decent," he explained, shooting Draco a pointed look.

Harry frowned, confusion flickering in his eyes. Blaise Zabini, noticing his friend's confusion, stepped in to explain. "Draco's talking about blood status," Blaise said quietly, his voice tinged with resignation. "He thinks it matters, but it doesn't."

"Mudbloods and blood traitors," Draco sneered, his gaze fixed on Hermione and Neville. "They're not worth our time, Potter."

Harry's blood ran cold as he processed Draco's words. "What's a mudblood? A blood traitor?" he asked, his voice tinged with confusion. H didn't know what those terms exactly meant, but taking them at face value based on how they sounded, he could tell it was a nasty insult.

Blaise sighed, his expression pained. "A mudblood is a term some wizards use to insult those with Muggle parents. And a blood traitor is someone from a pure-blood family who supports Muggle-borns or Muggles," he explained, his words heavy with meaning.

Harry's jaw clenched, his anger simmering beneath the surface. "That's ridiculous," he snapped, his voice tinged with frustration. "I don't care about any of that. It's stupid to judge people based on something like blood status."

Ignoring Draco's sneer, Harry turned away, his heart heavy with disappointment. Draco, meanwhile, felt a twinge of shame gnawing at him. He had upset his first friend, but a part of him still believed that his views were justified. With a conflicted expression, he watched as Harry turned away, a sense of unease settling in the pit of his stomach.

The Charms classroom buzzed with anticipation as Harry Potter and his fellow Slytherins joined their Ravenclaw peers for their first lesson of the term. The room was bathed in soft light, enchanted candles flickering on every desk, casting a warm glow over the students as they settled in.

Professor Flitwick, a small, cheerful figure with a shock of white hair, stood at the front of the classroom, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "Good morning, class!" he greeted them warmly, his voice carrying easily over the hushed whispers of the students.

As Professor Flitwick took attendance, Harry couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement coursing through him. This was his first Charms class at Hogwarts, and he was eager to learn all he could about the magic that filled the world around him.

"Potter, Harry!" Professor Flitwick called out, his voice cheerful as he scanned the room for the Slytherin student. "Here, sir," Harry replied, raising his hand in acknowledgement.

With roll call completed, Professor Flitwick wasted no time in diving into the day's lesson. "Today, we will be learning the Lumos charm," he announced, his eyes twinkling with anticipation. "It's a basic spell, but an important one. Who would like to demonstrate first?"

A few eager Ravenclaw students raised their hands, but Professor Flitwick's gaze landed on Padma Patil, a Ravenclaw student seated behind Harry. "Ah, Ms. Patil, would you care to give it a try?" the professor asked, gesturing towards the front of the classroom.

Padma nodded eagerly, her eyes bright with anticipation. With a flick of her wand and a clear incantation, she cast the Lumos charm, causing her wand tip to emit a soft, warm light.

The classroom erupted into applause as Professor Flitwick beamed with pride at his student. "Well done, Ms. Patil! Five points to Ravenclaw," he exclaimed, his enthusiasm contagious. The room once more buzzed with chatter as the other students all paired up together to do the spell.

After the lingering disagreement with Draco, Harry found himself paired with Theo during the Charms lesson. Unlike Harry, who succeeded on his first try, Theo struggled to stabilize the light from the Lumos charm; he noticed that Draco was one of the first Slytherins to master the charm with ease. Soon, the entire class followed suit, and the room was illuminated as each student successfully cast Lumos.

The rest of the day was uneventful for Harry, though Professor McGonagall's transformation into a cat was fascinating(the excited claps and yells almost deafened him!), it was otherwise quite mundane. Harry noticed that Professor Snape was the only person who continuously stared at him throughout the class, as if trying to solve a puzzle.

Dinner was just as uneventful for him; due to his disagreement with Draco, it seemed to him that while Blaise and Theo took his side, Adrian was fully supporting Draco, who was still stubbornly refusing to apologise.

Seems like I'm not uploading things on time..
sorryyy!!!!
i was very busy as i am currently doing my bachelor's and I've got my 2nd semester exams coming up, so i was busy
(excuses excuses.... hehe)

but i really hope you enjoyed the chapter 
i feel like the quality of my writing is going down a lot and I'm not sure how to improve so I'm not getting any motivation to write
i would be so glad to get pointers from those who are willing in the comments
its very heartwarming to see people enjoy my work
till next time then
Adios!