"Yeah you can," MK says, turning to his dresser and opening the drawer. He reached for his journal and a stick of black charcoal to quickly sketch a picture inside.

A black obsidian tea cup.

Sometimes it was hard to tell what was dream and what was premonition. He hoped this one was nothing more than a dream. Scribbling away, using broad strokes for the picture, his necklace hit the corners of the paper.

He snatched it to move it aside, pausing when he felt something sharp. He rolled the blood red jewel over, startled when he saw a scratch against it.

"Oh dang-" he mumbled, frowning. Not that he ever paid too much attention to being careful with this thing before, but he had never managed to scratch it before. "Shoot," he scolded himself. He slipped it back into his shirt to keep it safe, shaking his head.

It wasn't a possession he dwelled on, but it was the only thing he had with him when he arrived at the orphanage. It wasn't anything remarkable, and no one seemed interested when he showed it to them. Still, even though it held no real monetary value, he cherished it as the only reminder of his life before the orphanage.

As he put the final touches on the drawing, he glanced up to see Xiaotian trying on three different shirts. "Heh- what are you doing?" he asked.

They were baggy on him, nearly swimming in the material. "What ya think?" Xiaotian struck a pose.

"You look weird," MK snickered.

"Well they are your clothes, so what does that say?" Xiaotian says, giving a twirl. Diving back into the closet he couldn't seem to find anything he was satisfied with. So he just kept his hoodie on. MK could tell there was something else on underneath, considering the pants didn't seem to end at his hips. The purple body suit thing he was wearing the other day, "So what is that thing?" he asked, gesturing to Xiaotian's pants.

"It's a gi," Xiaotian could see MK's stares, lifting the hoodie up a little to show. "I always tend to wear it. Makes training easier. And it's comfy."
"Training?" MK wondered, curious. Xiaotian trained too?

Xiaotian shrugged, "Yeahhh, I was trained by my... well, most of my family," he paused when he realized. "My Baba and Dad were my main teachers though," he shrugged casually, as if bored of the conversation.

"You were trained by your family?" MK echoed, intrigued. "What kind of training did you go through?"

Xiaotian's expression shifted ever so slightly, a flicker of something unreadable crossing his features before he masked it with a nonchalant grin, "Just your usual martial arts training," Xiaotian replied vaguely, as if downplaying the intensity of his daily activities.

"People don't have "usual martial arts training"," MK pointed out.

"Oh, really?" Xiaotian was surprised. "Um... then- I guess it was a little unusual then? Normal for my family." Most of his training was focused on defense and strategic retreats if he was honest. Not that his parents didn't focus on offensive training- it was just preffered Xiaotian wasn't near the fight. To outwit the enemy and use their weaknesses against them. Not a bad way to learn, considering he worked well with this particular type of style.

Continuing to riffle through MK's closet, he paused when he came across a training staff. He pulled it out with wide eyes, drawing a sheepish look from MK. "What is this??"

"Oh, that is-" MK trailed off.

"Ohoho~ MK, do you also train?" Xiaotian gasped, interested. His tail was wagging.

"Not a lot," MK says, wishing he could get more out of it then the rare occasions, "I only train when I can with my- teacher."

Xiaotian locked in on the words. So his other half had a teacher. He gave MK a quick toss of the staff, "You good?" he grinned.