Prologue

Summary: You should have listened to the old man

Pairings: Old Man X Reader

Rating: none

Warnings: none, 18+ ONLY

Word Count: 400

You were told a lot of things

You were told a lot of things. The main thing was to never go into the forest. Don't even look at the edge of the forest unless you were accompanied by a man. You had never understood the reasoning behind that. Until you found yourself in the very spot you weren't supposed to be in, looking into the woods without a male chaperone.

"Bad things happen to those who are alone, Miss," you turn to see the rickety old man standing with you. "Your parents never tell you?" you try to lean to get a better look into the forest, seeing a little fluff of brown.

"Cut that out," he chastises you, pulling you further away from the edge. "Do you know why you shouldn't go in there?"

"Why?" you ask quickly.

"People go in there. And never come out. There's a bad habit of young women going in there. Things lurk under the canopy, waiting for someone to entice them in there."

You roll your eyes in an answer, "Go on then. Go in there."

"I don't want to. I may get lost," you tilt your head back a bit more and look at the old man who is smirking at you.

"Just as I thought. The princess of the north was lost in there. Everyone was. Evil resides in those trees, so beware."

You should have heed his warnings. But there was something in the woods that Was beckoning you. You just couldn't stay away. Without warning you ran into the woods.

Did not stop no matter how hard he screams at you. Walking in there and you turn to look around, and it's like a door was closed to the outside world. No longer is there a sign of where you just came from. Just trees.

Setting on your journey to find something. Surely eight people just don't go missing at once. They've got to be residing in here.

Walking amongst the fallen branches and moss, you can't help but to marvel at the beauty, and darkness the forest holds.

Coming to a clearing you see two apple trees and a bear. Freezing because you don't know what to do.

He stands on his hind legs taking from the green apple tree before trotting away. Waiting until you're sure he's got before you partake of the green apple tree yourself. Taking a bite, before needing to lay down. You should have walked back the way you came.