(Looks kinda like this but a Mint Colored Slime ^)

He moves a bit more and hops around a bit as he gets use to his new body

Joshua: "Ok so...how do I see now?"

??????: "I can assist with that"

He hears a familiar sounding voice in his head 

Joshua: "Who are you?"

??????: "Hello, I am your personal version of what you'd remember as Great Sage, in my case though i was modeled after an AI from a video game you played in your past life, you may call me Cortana"

Joshua: "Cortana? Oh sweet! that must be the tweak Steve mentioned, I knew you sounded familiar!" 

Cortana: "Pleasure to meet you Joshua, I will now be here to assist you in any way I can"

Joshua: "Ok so...how can I see?"

Cortana: "I am now helping you learn how to use your new body to take in light from around you to see the world in a similar way to what eyes do"

[Light sensory skill]

Joshua feels a tingle sensation from Cortana's work as he soon is able to finally see around him, he appears to be in a dark room of sorts.

Joshua: "Woah... it's like I'm one of those 360 degree camera's...I can see all around me"

Cortana: "Of course, your Slime form is not limited by only two eyes like humans normally are, it might take a bit to get use to but you will get used to it"

Joshua: "So do I have the Rimuru package?"

Cortana: "To an extent, I will act as your great sage and your new Slime self possess the Gluttony skill Rimuru had as well, you do not have his exact full capabilities but you still have the classic slime stuff and can still consume to adapt and get stronger as you copy forms and abilities of others and absorb more energy."

Joshua: "So I'm still the package of a Slime that can slowly but surely eat and grow more OP... sweeeet" 

He then starts moving away as he leaves to see where he is, he seems to be in a damp cave somewhere as he moves around. Joshua also absorbs some water into his stomach which can act like a inventory he can put things in it turns out, so he can either store something or properly eat it. 

Copying what Rimuru did in the anime he saw once, Joshua is able to get down using [Water Blade] and [Water propulsion] as he tests those out, while moving to look for a way out of the cave he comes across a few zombie looking guys as well but is able to take them out with a few of his pressurized water blades along the way. 

Joshua comes across someone wearing a knight looking armor as well but before he can try to do anything they see him and immanently attack him, Joshua responds by removing their head with a water blade and then getting an idea. 

Joshua: "I suppose I should try consuming stuff now"

He then uses his predator skill to consume the body of the warrior 

Cortana: "Analyzing... Tarnished form gained that you can now use mimic to become, stored armor and weapons in stomach as well"

[Can now use Grace]

Joshua: "Tarnished?... that sounds familiar... wait is this Elden Ring?... SON OF A-"

*opening song*