We started to frost the gingerbread house pieces with the icing to make them stick together. I became so focused on getting my house to stand perfectly in place, and so far it was holding together pretty well. I was making good progress, and just put the second and final piece of the roof onto my base.

Then I looked up across the table at the other two, and tried my hardest not to burst out laughing.

Lennon's house was a collapsed mess in front of her. She was now trying to help Theo, who had made the roof pieces be the walls to his house, so now his house is all uneven and not going to work right.

"How are you so good at everything?" Lennon groaned, struggling with the icing bag.

"Did a tornado knock your house over?" I chuckled.

"Momma! Look at Hawwy's house!" Theo pointed to my perfectly standing house, showing her how it's supposed to look.

"Yeah his house is perfect, it should win an award or something" Lennon huffed. "Whose idea was this?"

"Yours" I answered.

"Can you help him?" Lennon laughed.

I got up and headed next to Theo, to help fix whatever mess his mom had helped create. While I started working on getting the structure of his house to be stable, Lennon began to rebuild hers from the ground up.

Thanks to my help, all 3 of us finally had good standing houses that were now ready to be decorated. Theo went right to work on decorating his house with every piece of candy that he was given, and smudged pieces of frosting everywhere.

Lennon did much better on the decorating part of the project, giving her house specific candy patterns, colors, and symmetry.

Mine was somewhere in the middle with carefully places pieces of candy, but more colorful than Lennon's.

"Look at mines mommy" Theo tapped his moms arm over and over until she looked at his house.

"Wow you did such a good job" She complimented.

Lennon smiled so widely at Theo, and it was like the gates to Heaven opened up. She's always looking so beautiful, but especially when she smiles. Every time she gets that look across her face, it just reminds me that I'm still so madly in love with her. That's why sometimes I honestly find it difficult to be around her, because I still feel the same way about her that I did all those years ago. Even when I was gone and one year turned into two, I never got over her.

I looked at her fondly, and when her eyes glanced over towards me, she squinted at me. It was almost like she knew that I was thinking about her.

"Can we go see lights now?" Theo jumped up from the table, now that we're finished decorating and left with only a mess on the table, he's no longer interested in hanging around.

"We have to wait for Lia and Atti to wake up from their nap. Help us clean off the table bud" Lennon told him, earning a whine from Theo.

"I don't wanna clean mommy" Theo sighed.

"You need to help me please" Lennon looked at him. "Grab the empty wrappers and throw them away, please"

"Fineee" Theo started collecting them and tossed them in the trash.

Until the twins woke up, we played with some of Theo's toys. It took about another hour until we were pulling out of the driveway by the time they woke up and we made our way to the car. We were driving to a neighborhood about 20 minutes away that apparently has a bunch of houses that decorate hugely with lights and everything.