~ Chapter 26 ~

Chapter 26
Thursday September 8th
Lennons POV

"Do you understand how pathetic you are?!"

"Oh my god"

"I mean, seriously?!? How could you?"

I looked up once again at the TV program I had playing in the background as I cleaned up around the house. I don't even know what show it is, it was just some random reality TV that I put on for the noise. I paused from washing the dishes to witness the girl yell at the guy in front of her, who looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than there according to the look on his face. It reminded me of Harry and I last week.

Speaking of Harry, he was coming over again this afternoon to continue our long dreaded conversation. It's like one part of me doesn't want it, but the other part of me keeps reaching for the phone and inviting him over before I could stop myself. I truly wasn't expecting myself to call him so soon after last Friday, but in a moment's time my fingers were dialing his number and I was asking him if he was free on Thursday.

I've had just under a week now to process everything from last week.

I was still deeply hurt by the revelation that he's been in California, but I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt and move past it. I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't matter where he was hiding out, because at the end of the day he still wasn't around. Whether it was Hollywood or Bishopsgate, he still was gone.

It's obvious to me that Harry truly does regret leaving. I can tell by the look on his face when he's apologizing, and the way his body is always so tense when he's over here. He's nervous as hell, I know he is. He talks faster when he's nervous. The fact that I'm easily able to look at him and know that he's regretful helps his case.

And although he's known for basically playing a part, I know that he's being genuine when he's over here.

I haven't found it in me yet to read his letters. The unknown of what is written on those 7 pieces of papers scares me if I'm being honest. It could either make me feel extremely bad, or extremely angry at him, and I feel like I need to wait. I want to talk to Harry trying to be as unbiased as I can, and if his letters are going to pull at my heartstrings, I don't want to know. 

I currently had them in my nightstand drawer.

Reaching into the sink to grab another dish, only to be met with an empty sink, I dried my hands off and looked at the rest of the to do list that I had sitting on the counter next to me. I desperately needed to go grocery shopping, and I figured I have enough time before Harry will be coming over to go and come back.

I quickly swapped from sweatpants to leggings before I left the house and drove to the grocery store. I did a circle around the store grabbing everything that I needed. Heading down one of the aisles my phone had beeped so I pulled it out to look at what it was.

Of course it was a text from Harry, asking what food he should bring over this time. I rolled my eyes and began typing a message back to him when I fully bumped my cart right into another human.

My face flushed, very embarrassed at my lack of knowing where I was going and began apologizing like crazy.

"Hey, Lennon, it's okay" The man's voice said and I finally looked up to face the stranger who knew my name.

"Adam! Hey. Sorry" I apologized again.

"It's fine" He assured and looked at me. I was pretty sure he could see how run down I looked but was trying to play it off like he didn't. "How uh, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine" I lied. "What about you?"

"Doing alright. What about the kids? Twins are 3 months old now?"