Chapter 12

"Yup, you're definitely pregnant." Dr. Harris said looking at the ultrasound machine. "I would say it's about six weeks."

"Oh my god." Ann sighed as her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm going to print that out for you." He said standing up.

"I'm... speechless." Joe chuckled.

"I can't believe this is happening." Ann giggled as she wiped a tear away.

She stood up from the bed and changed back into her clothes as they both sat by their doctor's desk.

"Congrats, you guys." He smiled at them as he passed them the ultrasound photos. "Everything looks good as of now. I would like to see you in two weeks for another check up."

"Of course. Thank you, doctor." She smiled as they shook hands with him.

"How is Willa doing, by the way?" He asked as he escorted them to the doors.

"Oh, she's the best." Joe smiled. "We have to invite you for a coffee someday. For everything that you've done for us."

"It's just my job." He shrugged with a smile as he waved them goodbye.

They walked out of the clinic and into Joe's car. He started it as Ann kept staring at their ultrasound pictures.

"Isn't it wild?" He said, making Ann look up at him.

"It is wild." Ann nodded, looking back down at the picture. "I have a feeling it's a girl." She said as she brushed a thumb on it.

"Please don't do this to me. I can't handle more girls." He whined.

"Oh please. You adore us." Ann squinted her eyes at him with a smile.

"Yeah, you're right." He chuckled as he caressed her leg.

"I think I have a name already." She smiled.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "What is it?"

"Delphine."

            ________________________

                               - 1 year later -

"Mommy, look!" Willa said as she wiggled her drawing in front of Ann.

"Very pretty, darling." Ann smiled warmly at her as she was breastfeeding Delphine. "Why don't you go show that to daddy, okay? Mommy needs to take care of your sister."

"Daddy's not home." She said as she jumped around the room.

"Of course." Ann sighed. "Then go show grandma, okay? She is going to have a nap now so we have to be quiet."

"Okay, mommy!" She whispered as she ran downstairs.

Ann looked down at her daughter as she was starting to fall asleep. She smiled admiring her pretty little face. As much as Willa was a copy of Joe, Delphine looked way more like her.

She sat with her for a while, before placing her down in her crib. She turned on the camera and quietly walked downstairs.

"What smells so good?" She smiled as she sniffed the scents coming from the kitchen.