Baby's first kidnapping?

Izuku is nervous. It's been two months that he's been with Henshin and the rest of their group, and it's the first day that they're getting back into their... ah, business. He's not sure what to call it. Kidnapping seems hostile. They're not kidnapping, they're... temporarily holding someone for ransom.

Yeah, that's definitely better.

Tori is with him, sitting atop his hoodie. She'll act as some sort of quirk. No one's going to listen to a quirkless, afterall. Aka says that he's wrong, that it doesn't really matter if you have a power or not, but Izuku knows that he's wrong. It mattered to his father and his mother and his friends. It'll matter to whoever he ends up meeting. (He ignores that it didn't matter to Henshin or Aka or Tori.)

The sun is high up in the sky. It's dismissal time for the schools, when children walk back home because their parents aren't finished with work to come pick them up. Some of them walk in groups, while others walk alone. Izuku tilts his head, and Tori, with a flutter of her small, elegant wings, takes to the sky.

He looks up, blinking against the sunlight to spot the bird soar silently through the sky. She swoops around, back and forth, and then circling once- she found someone.

Izuku picks his way through the crowd, slipping through an alleyway and careful to not step on any glass- less it crunch under his shoes. He's not very successful, the target turning around before he's even fully there.

"Who are you." The boy demands, flinching away, already weary of the stranger. Izuku tilts his head, assessing the other.

"I'm Deku!" He misses Kacchan. The boy had dubbed him that name when he misread the lettering on Izuku's lunch box. That quickly took to the meaning of uselessness, but Izuku's never thought of it like that. It was a nickname, and it was all he had to remember the blonde by. "Sorry... I got lost."

"Through an alleyway." The boy sneered, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes. Izuku scuffed his shoe against the payment, debating on how to play this.

It isn't hard to sniffle or wipe his eyes or have them shine with thin tears. "The other kids aren't very nice and they wouldn't leave me alone."

"Why is that my problem?" The other kid grumbles, but it's clear he feels a little guilty for lashing out. "I'm Monoma."

Izuku offers a grin, stepping closer now and scratching idly at his arm, anxiety gnawing at the corners of his mind. "It's nice to um, meet you."

Monoma shrugs and walks off, Izuku scrambling over his feet to follow behind. The blonde gives him an odd look for it, only to just roll his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. So really though, who are you? I don't believe I have ever even seen someone like you around." He gives him a glance that feels borderline judgmental. "And trust me, I would have."

Izuku frowns, eyebrows burrowing before trying to wipe the expression off of his face. "Ah... I'm new."

"Figures." The boy shrugs blandly. "Where's your home? You look as though you've crawled out of the sewers. I don't see why a school like mine would let someone like you dirty their floors." It's said more factual than an insult, but that didn't keep the bite out of his words.

This kid, Izuku thinks for the first time, is kind of an asshole. If this boy showed up at his old school with Kacchan, he'd have been bullied for the rest of his life for saying something so... condescending, like that.

Izuku looks down at his shoes, shoulders hunching by his ears in a play at shame. It isn't very hard to pretend, considering where he currently was residing at wasn't much better than the sewers anyway.