𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

- tap in>>>
- excuse any mistakes
- viewer's discretion is advised

chapter eight:
poised turned dolorous.

chapter eight:poised turned dolorous

"GO eat, girl, I gotta go

"GO eat, girl, I gotta go." angel told coco as the clingy pet kept clinging onto the material of her sweats.

it was a quarter 'til seven in the evening and angel was on the way to see what the issue was with marvin. she received a phone call from him that seemed urgent, so she got dressed to go see what was up with him.

"let me go, coco." angel pushed the cat over gently to get her off of her, and quickly left the home so she wouldn't be able to follow her out of the door.

she shook her head as she heard coco's cries from the other side of the door. she didn't understand why she was acting as if she was going to be home alone because as far as she knew, xavier was in the other room fast asleep. usually she'd go in there with him but today was different for some reason.

she got in the car and started it, pulling off. her eyes stayed ahead of her as she drove her vehicle. nothing filled her ears but the revving engines of her car and others. this changed due to her phone vibrating in her passenger seat, causing her to lowly sigh. she picked it up and read the screen, seeing that she had an incoming call from xavier. she slid her finger across the screen to accept the call, and put it on speakerphone.

"hey, everything good?" xavier asked the woman with concern evident in his voice.

"yea, everything's fine. why you ask?" she responded while easing on the break, arriving at a traffic light that had turned red.

"you left without warnin', so I thought whatever it is you got goin' on was urgent." he told her, yawning slightly into the phone, and she let out a huff, running her fingers through her hair with her free hand.

she mentally groaned, throwing her head back in frustration. with her mind fixated on one thing, she forgot the let him know that she was leaving for a bit.