Chapter 6

Lying in her bed Maria stared at her phone. There were no messages from his side. Of course, he didn't look like someone who would shower her with messages. And, She didn't know why she expected him to text her. She bit her lip and started writing.

"Thank you for the card. I used it. Also, it will make an impression on your grandparents if we color match. I know it sounds stupid to you. But trust me on this. They will see me for someone who cares about such stuff." She clicked on the sent button. But then realized it was already nine. And, if he was someone who has his breakfast at six. He is for sure on the bed at this point.

But the moment her phone chimed with his call she got up on the bed. "Oh my God,"

She slid the phone on and said, "Hello,"

"Hello Maria, I would like to make it clear that I am not good at texting. I always call back. It is convenient this way."

"For sure," Maria replied,

"About the color? Can we make it blue? If we have to match, it has to be blue, grey, black or maroon. The rest aren't my color."

"I think we can make it work. By the way, what is wrong with white?"

"Yes, white is fine too. As long as it is not orange, pink, or yellow and green?"

"Of course, I get it." Maria's had a stupid smile on her lips.

"Is there anything else you want to ask?" Emilio seemed in a hurry.

"No, I only wanted to know this."

"Good, see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah," The call was cut and Maria let her breath out. Her heart was racing. She knows he has asked her to not demand his time but he doesn't sound like someone who would be without a reason. 

She couldn't help but pray to her mother before sleeping. "Please, stay with me."

The next day she chose a blue button-up shirt and paired it with a white skirt that reached past her knees. Her hair was open and her ears had small gold jewelry. She tried not to have anything too flashy. The moment she walked down her dad smiled. "Here comes my doll. My smart daughter." Maria smiled at her father's remark as they waited for Daphne.

Daphne walked out with a sleeveless dress. It wasn't backless and did cover her long and beautiful legs too. But her sharp shoulders were enough to convey how she takes care of her body.

"Come on, I have to tell how great and slim my arms are..." But then she stopped to look at Maria and said, "Emilio indeed has a brain. You look better cover up."

"Daphne! No one is spoiling my girl's mood. I can't wait to partner up with Bianchi's in the future. We are going to be relatives. And, their only relatives at that. They have an only grandchild." Maria's dad couldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the drive too. It seems he was digging a lot into their families and their relatives. His grandparents indeed have siblings and nephews and nieces and their kids. But most of them were living in Italy or New York.

Bianchi's had a huge gate on their mansion. The place was spread on acres. And, had a lot of staff moving around. "Look at this Maria. You are going to have it all only because you listened to me." Henry said and Daphne rolled her eyes while Maria seemed lost looking at all the details.

The car was pulled on the front and it had Mr. Bianchi waiting for them. Henry walked out and opened the door for Daphne while Maria on the back seat helped herself. She walked to Roger and was quick to enquire. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel good. And, you look amazing."

"Thank you, Roger." Soon, Emilio's grandmother Lucia walks out. "You must be Maria. I must thank you."