ミ✮ 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡┆[k. nanami]

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: kento nanami x fem!reader

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 3922

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: in which the reckless disposition of a female sorcerer, in the eyes of her colleague, is actually a blessing in disguise

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: strong language, barely proofread, angst, age gap (5 years), consumption of blood, a near-death experience, emotionally abused!reader, a mere mention of the reader having masochistic desires, cute ending

𝐕. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 — i've been itching to write some more nanami content and i am so very in love with this plot idea

。・:*:・゚★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐘 of willow trees and the vibrant colors of blooming flowers set the scene. [Y/N] found herself sitting on a checkered picnic blanket spread out on the lush green grass. The air was filled with the sweet scent of Spring accompanied by a soft breeze tickling her cheeks and neck.

Besides the girl, her colleague was lounging, his tie loosened and his shirt sleeves rolled up. Nanami looked at her with that same thoughtful expression, but now it was softened by a playful smile. The young woman's heart thumped and a blush settled onto her face. It was a bizarre sight, that carefree expression. He rarely showed emotion. They were sharing a lovely moment, the remnants of a delicious meal scattered around them—a few different desserts and fruit, alongside a half-empty bottle of wine.

The two of them—for hours—had talked and amused each other, sharing stories and dreams. Nanami's laughter was rich and contagious, making [Y/N]'s heart flutter with every chuckle. He leaned back on his elbows, looking up at the sky, which was painted with hues of pink and orange as the sun began to set.

Their eyes met, and for a moment, the world seemed to hold its breath. Soon enough, Nanami reached out with an unexpected amount of affection, brushing a lock of hair behind [Y/N]'s ear, his touch sending a thrill through her. But her colleague's words certainly didn't match the doting look resonating in his irises:

"Hurry up, kid. The sun's going down. We don't have a lot of time."

Rapidly blinking and looking around, [Y/N] found herself outside, feet planted on the pavement whilst Nanami walked ahead of her. Those broad shoulders of his cast a shadow behind him and his movements were so determined. His younger work partner chastised herself internally for even having such unprofessional fantasies about Nanami and with a faint pink hue on her visage, [Y/N] closed the gap between the two of them by jogging up to the man.

Truth be told, the late summer heat was getting to the twenty-two-year-old. The culprit? That pricy maroon-colored suit blazer with its matching high-waisted slacks topped off with a white button-up shirt. Even under the glow of the setting sun, July's humidity was at its peak.

Appearing to unsuspecting outsiders like a glorified salarywoman in her dignified clothes was an advantage of being a professional sorcerer. However, feeling sweat pool under the stuffy fabric was pure torture. At least tying her hair up in two mildly neat space buns was a smart move on [Y/N]'s part.

Still, even with the heat, she was in high spirits. Evident in the way she nudged Nanami's arm by purposely bumping into his side. The chilling side eye she received from the man would have made the average person reevaluate their life choices and possibly drop dead. Coincidentally, [Y/N]'s..."unorthodox" upbringing canceled out the feeling of panic completely.