Chapter two

(Chapter from Jade's point of view)

I forgot to tell Cassie and Theo that I wasn't coming until the second period because we were taking physics test. I picked up my phone "34 missed calls from Cassie! What the hell happend that she called me thirty times" I immediately, called her back. "Come to our secret place immediately, tell Theo too! Bye" Cassie said and before I could ask anything she hung up.

I picked up my favourite pocket knife and some robotic parts in case they were needed, something told me it was going to be a fun day.

I called Theo "Theo where are you?" I asked calmly. "Hello, I'm fine, thank you for asking, and to answer your question, I'm in the principal's office for making fun of my physics teacher and she started crying" said Theo proudily. "Anyway Cassie says she absolutely needs to meet us at our secret place, she sounded very exited, maybe too exited" I said quickly. "And how do you think I should get out of the principal's office?" Theo asked. "I don't know, maybe knock out the principal and jump out of the window, be a little creative and come up with something. I'll see you in front of the school in five minutes, bye" I said annoyed and walked down the empty street towards the school.

After five minutes Theo finally came out of school. "That took you so long!" I said ironically. He ignored my remark. The weight of unspoken words hung in the air. "Why does Cassie need us so quickly?" Theo's voice cut through the the silence. "I don't know, but I'm sure it will have something to do with our task" I replied imprecisely, trying to maintain a professional attitude. "Yeah, I guess so" Theo said with unreadable expression.

"Wait you have a new phone?" I asked in surprise, and all my presulfurized professionalism evaporated. "Yes, this morning your stepsister ran into me and accidentally broke it. You should have seen that her scared expression was priceless" Theo said with a casual laugh.

"Seriously I think it's time to get rid of her" I said with a serious expression. "Why?" Theo asked confuzed. "She's annoying" I replied shortly and Theo tried unsuccessfully to hide his amused expression.

"When I asked her play or suffer this morning and the said she doesn't play that game does that mean she automatically chose suffer?" I asked with interest and hoped that the answer was yes. "I guess so. So what's the plan?" Theo said honestly.

"Follow me" said the low familiar whispers of the demon. My pupils became clouded with black haze. "That whispers again?" Theo's muffled voice asked. Without answering, I headed towards the red light. The red light burned deep into my soul. I found peace in the red light. I raw in it my past of countless murders and tortures as if I could still hear the pained scream of my victims in it. Suddently the light disappeared.

I found my self in a dark room with two doors. The first door was red and the second black. "Task failed" said the robotic voice. "Ahhh stop please" a familiar voice shouted. "Cassie!" I ran to the black door and slammed the handle. They were locked. "Ahhh Jade help!" Cassie screamed in pain.

"Its your turn Jade. Play or suffer?" the whisper repeated to make sure I heard him. "Play" I said amused whitch obviously pissed off the demon. The black door opened to reveal a bleeding Cassie, her face so disfigured I almost didn't reconize her. She looked at me with frightened eyes. I made sure my expression was unreadable. Cassie alowed me access to her mind so she could tell me what happend without showing weakness to the demons.

"I woke up tried to a wooden chair soaked in hot blood. Maurice the plier torture demon appeared in front of me. He started asking me normal questions like How are you?, but after about fifteen minutes out of nowhere his eyes went black. He made eye contact with me. My head started spinning. It felt like he was looking right into my soul and putting more darkness into it. Then he disappeared and severa pairs of pliers appeared before my eyes. These red-hot pliers slowly began to tears the flesh from my bones. I don't know how to describe the feeling of your flesh being torn away from your body. I couldn't do anything. Then I felt your presence and then you know. I'd rather be dead now. Jade whatever you do you must not fail your task and you must follow the rules or you will have to face the consequences."