Chapter 2

As the Leclerc family gathered around the dining table in their mother Pascale's cozy home, laughter and chatter filled the air, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Angélique sat between her twin brother Arthur and her older brother Lorenzo, a smile gracing her lips as she soaked in the familiar comfort of her family's presence.

Pascale, her mother, bustled about the kitchen, her culinary creations filling the room with tantalizing aromas. Despite her busy schedule as a hairdresser, Pascale always made time for her children, ensuring that they were well-fed and cared for.

"So, Charles, how's Ferrari treating you?" Lorenzo asked, his tone laced with genuine interest. "Any exciting developments on the track?" Charles, seated at the head of the table, grinned proudly, a twinkle of excitement in his eyes. "It's been a wild ride, that's for sure," he replied, his voice tinged with enthusiasm. "But I'm feeling confident about the upcoming races. With any luck, I'll be able to clinch that championship title."

Angélique nodded in agreement, her own excitement building at the prospect of her brother's success. "You've got this, Charles," she encouraged, her voice filled with unwavering support. "We're all rooting for you." Arthur, ever the jokester, chimed in with a mischievous grin. "Yeah, just don't forget to thank us in your victory speech," he teased, earning a round of laughter from the table.

As they dug into Pascale's delicious home-cooked meal, conversation flowed freely, ranging from lighthearted banter to more serious topics. They reminisce about their childhood adventures, sharing fond memories of summers spent playing on the beach and winter in the mountains.

"So, Angie, how's your music career going?" Pascale asked, her eyes sparkling with pride as she turned her attention to her youngest daughter. "Any new songs in the works?" Angélique smiled, her heart swelling with gratitude for her mother's unwavering support. "Actually, yes," she replied, excitement bubbling within her. "I've been working on some new material, and I can't wait to share it with you all."

Lorenzo raised an eyebrow, his interest piqued. "Any chance we'll get a sneak peek tonight?" he inquired, a playful glint in his eye. Angélique chuckled, shaking her head at her brother's eagerness. "Nice try, Lorenzo," she teased, her tone affectionate. "But you'll have to wait until it's ready."

As the Leclerc family continued to bask in the warmth of their shared company, their laughter and chatter interrupted by the familiar ringtone of Angélique's phone. With a polite apology, she excused herself from the table and stepped outside onto the quiet porch, the cool night air a stark contrast to the warmth of her family's home.

As Angélique answered her phone, her expression shifted from one of contentment to one of confusion and frustration. "Are you fucking kidding me?" she exclaimed, her voice laced with disbelief.

Two days later, Angélique found herself seated in a bustling restaurant, her frustration palpable as she exchanged glances with her manager, Eduardo. Across from them sat Max Verstappen and his PR manager, William Connic, their expressions equally guarded as they prepared for what promised to be a tense conversation.

Eduardo leaned forward, his tone smooth and persuasive as he addressed the table. "I truly believe that a PR relationship between Angélique and Max could be a wonderful opportunity," he began, his words tinged with enthusiasm. "It could elevate both of their profiles and open up new avenues for collaboration." Angélique shot Eduardo a withering glare, her lips pressed into a thin line as she struggled to contain her frustration. "I can't believe you're even suggesting this," she seethed, her voice barely concealing her anger. "I won't be part of some fake relationship just to boost my fame."

Max nodded in agreement, his expression equally defiant as he spoke up. "I'm with Leclerc on this one," he declared, his voice firm. "I'm not interested in playing into some manufactured narrative for the sake of publicity."