The Interview

The day of the interviews arrived and Zia was feeling less than hopefull. She and Cass had managed to convince Maggie and Cash to be allies and had been spending the past couple of days training with them. Zia was good when it came to the physical aspects of the games, but when it came to the interviews, she wasnt sure how well she was going to do. She was currently back with Arabella and her other styalists getting ready for the big night. Today they had put her in a floorlength, skin tight grey dress. Her hair was done in intricate braids, woven with some pearls. Her make up was light with hints of blues around her eyes. She was still wearing the Finnicks bracelet, she figited with it while Arabella put on the finishing touches. 

"You look beautiful baby." She smiled at the girl. Zia could only offer the girl a small smile in return. The games were in two days. Tomorrow were the final evaluations and then she would be thrown into the arena. There was a knock at the door and she turned to see Cass in the doorway.

"Hey baby sis, you have time to talk?" Zia rolled her eyes and followed him into the hallway. Cass loved to call her baby sis, even though he was mere minutes older than her. He stopped them just before they reached the backstage area for the interviews. 

"Whats up?" Zia asked as he pulled them into a secluded corner.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. We havent had much time to talk since this all began."

"Oh, yeah, um, im ok." Zia didnt really know what else to say. 

"I just wanted to remind you that whatever happens in there, I love you ok."

"Yeah, i love you too." Cass wrapped his arms around his sister, she had always enjoyed Cass's hugs. They were warm and protective, she felt like nothing could hurt her when she was with her brother. Finnicks hugs were different, they were feirce and peaceful at the same time. Her mind cleared when she was hugging Finnick, she felt alive in Finnicks arms. Fuck, now she was thinking about Finnick again. She didnt know whether or not it was beacuse her death may be close but she had been thinking about her blonde haired best friend a lot more than usual, and she already thought about him a lot. Speaking of Finnick, he came running into their secluded corner,

"There you guys are, I have been looking for you everywhere. The interviews just started. You guys have to get backstage now." The three of them ran down the hallway and got in line behind the district 3 tributes. "Ok, remeber, these interviews are to get you sponsors. You want them to want to keep you alive. Make yourself likeable, present yourself in such a way that gets them invested."

"Yeah ok, thats easy enough." Cass said under his breath at the same time Zia said "I think im going to throw up."

"Hey, your going to do great." Finnick sqeezed her shoulder. "I will be right here the entire time, just pretend you are talking to me." Zia nodded but she still felt queezy, the line was moving a lot faster than she had expected. 

"Let me indroduce the one and only Caspain Greyling!" Ceasar anounced to the audience who cheered increadibly loud for having no clue who he actually was. Cass made his way onto the stage as Zia and Finnick watched him on the screens backstage. He walked up with such confidence, desplaying his signature smile. Zia knew the crowd was going to eat it up.

"Now Caspian, how has your stay been here in the Capital." Ceaser started off with an easier question.

"Its been increadible Ceaser, did you know there are eight different kinds of bread here? Back home the only type we have is soggy." The entire crowd laughed, even Zia let out a chuckle. He was a natural. 

"This year has been one for the history books to say the least. In the past we have had brother and sisters in the games, though never at the same time. How are you feeling about going through this with your sister. Your twin none the less." Finnick put his arm around Zia backstage. They knew this was coming, but they could never tell the citizens of the Capital the truth. They could never tell them how much it truely hurt. Cass kept on smiling at Ceasar,

"To tell you the truth, Ceaser, there is no one I would rather go through this experience with. My sister is the greatest person I have ever known and I am so lucky that I get to share it with her." The crawed awed at his delecration, but Zia could see in his eyes, the rage, the numbness and the pain. 

"Thats so lovely to hear Caspian..."

"Call me Cass please, everyone does."

"Alright then, Cass, I know that I am not the only one who is going to be rooting for you in there. Am i folks?" He turned to the crowd who once again cheered for the eldest Greyling, Cass shook Ceasars hand and walked off the stage. Finnick congradualted him. He had absolutely killed it. Ceasars voice filled the room again and Zia took a deep breath.

"Ladies and Gentelman, the second half of the dynamic sibling duo, Zia Greyling!" Before Zia could go up Finnick squeezed her hand and leaned in 

"Remeber, the audience isnt there, its just you and me." He whispered in her ear. Her whole body was on fire as she walked up ontp the stage. The second the lights hit her face she smiled and waved at the crowd. 

"My my Zia you are looking stunning tonight."

"Thank you Ceasear, my styleist really is one of the best." He motioned for her to take a seat.

"Now we just heard from your brother, but how does it feel to be here with him?"

"Cass and I are a team, both here and at home. He put it spectacularly, I wouldnt want to go through this with anyone else."

"Well isnt that lovely folks!" The crowd did in fact think it was lovely.

"I did notace that both you and your brother are wearing the same bracelet. Can you tell me the reason behind that?"

"The bracelets were made by someone very special to the both of us. I would say its a symbol of our commitment and love to each other." The audience awed at her words.

"so does that mean there is someone special in your life, Zia?" She just shrugged. "Oh come on now Zia, you have to give us more than that!"

"Lets just say, if I make it out of these games, there will be someone waiting for me,"

"My my Zia. It sounds to me like you dont think you are going to make it out of the games."

"Oh thats not what I said at all Ceasar, though if i do die in that arena, I can assure you I am going to take as many people as I can with me." The crowd exploded, Zia waved at them once again as she made her way back stage again. 

Finnick and Cass were waiting there for her. 

"Zia that was, wow." Cass gave her another hug. Finnick came up sqeezed her hand.

"Good job." was all he said to her. The three of them made their way back to the tribute center. 

Zia couldnt sleep again that night. She rolled around in bed, thinking about what she had said in the interview. How could those people beleive that she wanted to be here with her brother. How could they think this was an honor. It was discusting. She decided to get up and get some water. She slowly walked to the kitchen and filled up a glass. She sat by the window as she drank. If she was someone else, she might be able to admit how beautiful the Capital really was at night. The lights were mesmurising. She finished her glass and put it in the sink. She didnt walk back to her room though, she walked back to the one person she always saught comfort in. She lightly knocked on his door. There was no response so she started to walk away when the door opened to reveal a shirtless Finnick, his hair was a mess and his eyes were tired. He looked down at the girl in front of him and smiled. He grabbed her hand and dragged her into the room, closing the door behind him. He lead her to his bed where they both got under the covers. He put his arm around her while she laid her head down on his chest. They laid there in silence for a while untill Zia spoke,

"It was you."

"What?"

"The person waiting for me, if i got out." Finnick pulled her in closer.

"I know." Zia closed her eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep to the rythmic beating of Finnicks heart.