Chapter-23

Sadah

I look at my pencil box and frown not finding my marker.The images of Aaron borrowing it for his file flashes in my mind.It's on second floor on Aaron's desk.Nice.

I look at mom who is fast asleep on the bed.I walk out of the room and find Martha cleaning the dinning table."Martha,you can go home now.",I told her frowning since she never works after 8 that the rule for all the servants. Everyone usually leaves an hour early and Martha stays for for one hour more.

She flinches not expecting me.She fiddles with her washcloth."Madam,it's ok.I can't sleep might as well do the pending works.",she says to me.

"Martha,is something bothering you?" I ask her softly seeing her distressed face.She slumps on one of the chairs."It's....it's nothing.I shouldn't interfer but Madam...Is it fine letting master sleep out all night?",she asks me.

"He probably went to Rue's or Tristan's house by now.", I scoff." No,master is still outside. ",she said. " Martha,he earned it.",I tell her honestly.

"Yes,I know you two never even fought!So,you must be coming from somewhere.But, madam,I...it's hard for me.

I have been his maid since he was just born.Master Asher used to keep so good care of him,he was...the apple of his eyes.He has never slept outside!Not even as a punishment especially after some men killed his Mrs.Kingstone infront of young master's very own eyes.

Master Asher was so afraid and worried about him,he would do  everything just to make Master Aaron happy.

And today,he is shivering outside and it is really heart wrenching to watch.", Martha tells me with a long sigh as her eyes are moved to the door.

" We will let your master inside tomorrow, Martha.Sometimes, it's ok to shiver for drinking. Shivering won't kill him,drinking  and smoking will.",I tell her.

"I hope so.", she sighs and I patt her shoulder with an amused smile.I get where she is coming from but he cannot come inside.Let him shiver. You cannot sneeze and smoke at the same time,can you?

I walk upstairs and look at the clock which read 3 in the morning.I take a mental note to give Martha a day off as I look through Aaron's desk to find my highlighter.

Suddenly the entire house shakes up with loud sounds of gunshots.My heart drops to my stomach. My eyes looking at the wall infornt of me in horror.A literal bullet stucked on the wall.

Aaron.He is outside.Oh my god!
I run as fast as my legs could take me, my robe flowing after me as I ran.I ran dwon the stairs." Madam!Cover yourself!The house is under attack!",she yells from under the table.

"Sadah!", mom runs out of the room." No,mom.Stay inside your room and lock the doors and take cover.",I yell at her."Sadah,but you-",mom asks terrfiied.

"Mom,I am fine.I need to go to Aaron.Get inside please!",I tell and she looks aroudn horrified screaming as a bullet pierces through the window.

Mom looks terrified." Mom,just listen to me.Get inside and hide under the bed.I am coming.",I tell her pleadingly before more gunshots ring in the air.

Aaron.No,no,no.I open the main gates. My eyes widens seeing men in black t-hsirt and microphones  shooting at the men who are shooting with masks on.

I don't find Aaron."Aaron!Aaron,where are you?",I yell frantically, the bullets don't makes me fear them,I cannot lose him.Not because of my stupidity. God,what was I thinking!