chapter seven.

Start bij het begin

"It's only been a week since I've been playing ball." You furrow your brows.

"Exactly!" Ham agreed. "That's how bad it is."

"Oh god!" You gasp and your eyes widen, "He likes me, doesn't he?!" You turn to them.

"Yes! He does, you're blinder than Bertram!" Kenny yelled.

"Yeah! You're blinder than me if you couldn't see it!" Bertram laughed.

"Scotty, what do I do?!" You ask him.

"If you like him, go for it." Scotty advised, "You like him, don't you?" He asked.

"I...hm," you thought. "I'm not saying nothing," you decide. "You boys share gossip like it's a baseball."

They all groan at your response. "I—what? No we don't!" Timmy states.

"No we don't!" Tommy repeats.

"That's Ham, Squints, and Yeah-Yeah!" Kenny corrects.

"Excuse me?" Ham looked offended.

"Alright! Scotty, come here!" You snap.

"Are you gonna kill me?" Scotty skeptically asked.

"Scotty, why'd you ask that? No!" You shook your head out of bewilderment.

"Oh, okay, good." He breathed of relief and went towards you.

You whisper to him, "I think Benny's cute and kind. Tell that to everyone here but Ham." You order.

Scotty grinned, "Okay." He went to Timmy and Tommy. They went to Bertram and Kenny. Ham was too busy trying to pop open another soda pop to notice the whole ordeal.

So now everyone knew it—besides Ham, Squints, Yeah-Yeah, and more importantly, Benny.

"You should make a move if you like him, Lee." Ham advised, "He'll treat you real good, like how his mom treats me every time I come over!"

"Ew!" Scotty gags.

"That's disgusting!" Timmy glared.

"Yeah, that's nasty! And you don't even come over a lot!" Tommy added.

"Guys!" Kenny screeched. "Lover boy's coming!" He pointed out to warn the group. Everyone's head snapped at his direction.

There was Benny, holding a four pack of ice cold water. He was seeming like he really wanted to hurry, because woah, he was quick.

"You wanted water, Princess? I got you water!" He set down the water next to the cooler.

"Thank you, Benny, but you really didn't have to..." You sheepishly spoke, he got the water from the pack and opening it just for you.

"I wanted to. For you. Here, sip." He gave it to you.

You gave the boys a look, See? you looked at them as you took a sip. "Refreshing."

"Hey, can I get one too?" Ham requests.

"No. They're just for Y/N, guys, you said you were fine enough with pop!" Benny scoffed, taking a pop himself and drinking it.

"Where even are they?!" Scotty asked.

"It's been an hour!" Kenny complained.

"You kinda just summoned them." Bertram points at the two wacky figures from afar.

Oh, there was Yeah-Yeah and Squints.

"Where you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already?!" Benny asked.