Chapter 1: A Special Encounter

"BA-01 down! BA-01 down! Please respond! Please respond! We've been shut down! BA-01 down, BA-01...! Useless piece off...!"

Before she threw the radio, she noticed something off about the commander's body. She used her eyes to scan him until she found something that widened her pupils.

"No! You're going into cardiac arrest!"

She rummaged through her emergency aid kit in a panic until she found what she was looking for, "A... AED! AED! Charging... Clear!"

The body is still, as there was no response.

"Another... Clear!"

No response, no heartbeat.

"Commander, wake up... Please wake up..." The Nikke pleaded.

She desperately shook the commander, but he did not respond, and the Nikke broke into tears.

"No, no, no, no! Please... Don't die...!"

An explosion erupts near her, causing her to blow away from the commander's body. Her body rolled on the ground. She lifts her head to see a spide-like Rapture looming over the commander's body.

An irate expression appeared as she got up and used her submachine gun. The Rapture fired up its mounted machine gun.

The Nikke swiftly dodged the bullets before a stray bullet grazed her leg. She started firing with her S.M.G., causing the Rapture to fall to its demise.

The Nikke heard a noise, whipping her gun and aiming it at a spider drone.

"Wait, don't shoot!" An A.I. voice said.

The Nikke slightly lowered her gun, but she had a tight grip on it, "Who are you?"

"It's Y/n... I came to check out the explosion I heard."

"Wait, you're on the surface?!" The Nikke said.

"I'm asking for a lot, but the explosion forced me to become trapped and surrounded by Raptures. Could you help me?" The robotic spider said.

The Nikke had to go to the rendezvous point, but a person asked for her help.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm up ahead."

The woman decided, "Okay, I'll help."

"You never told me your name."

"It's Marian," she flashed a gentle smile.