🔹️ Chapter 1 🔹️

Author's pov

Mumbai, India

"Okay, Class , that's all for today. Will see you again next week."

"Thank you, Ma'am." The class shouted in chorus followed by , "Happy Holi in advance, Ma'am".

"Happy Holi in advance to all of you. By the way, I will check the files exactly two days after the Holi break ends." Their professor said which made her receive mixed reactions from her students - Happy and relaxed sighs and sad groans of irritation.

She shook her head and left the classroom. It was already 3 pm and she was done for the day.

"Hey Niyati, how was the day?" A senior professor asked her.

Niyati Sehgal looked at her with a sweet smile and said, "A tiring but productive day for sure."

Niyati Sehgal is an assistant professor of Dermatology department . She joined just a few months ago. She is the daughter of Parthiv Sehgal and Sadhika Sehgal.

" Okay. See you after the much needed break." her senior said. With a smile Niyati walked out with her belongings to go back to her home as she was done for the day.

Niyati walked towards the parking lot and took her scooty.
" Let's go home." She said to herself and drove towards her home.
.
.
.

Bandra, Mumbai

Through the gate of a posh apartment Niyati entered inside. Greeting the guard with a smile, she parked her scooty in the parking lot.

She walked towards the lift and entered inside. Typing the number of her floor which is " 8 " , she waited to reach her floor.

When Niyati entered as usual their flat was empty.
Her father is a Haematologist and mother is a cardiologist so both of them are in hospital, working to save people.

Their flat is beautiful and clean with a fragrance of Lavender in the air. Sadhika Sehgal and Niyati are very particular about cleanliness and smell. So everyday before leaving for work, both of them clean the flat and make sure that their sweet home smells good. It has a big living room, one kitchen, one Puja room , three bedrooms along with attached bathrooms and one common bathroom.
After taking shower , Niyati came out and walked towards the kitchen to cook something for herself.

She just put the pan on the oven when the doorbell rang almost startling her.

"What the!!! Who is this now? Mom and Dad won't come now..they said that they will be late." she said to herself after looking at the clock. It was just 5 pm.

The bell rang again.

She walked towards the door and shouted , "Stop it, I am not deaf. Stop ringing like a possessed man."

She opened the door and rolled her eyes.

There stood her best friend Saanvika Arora, grinning like a fool .

"As expected. Are you mad or what?" She said with a frown.

Saanvika pushed her and entered inside.
"Oh come on. I took an early leave to spend sometime with you. Here you are scolding me. Not fair." She pouted.

Niyati chuckled seeing her friend's drama.

"Now Come on , get dressed. We are going out." Saanvika said as she started to push Niyati towards her room.

"What? Where? I am hungry. Let me eat something first." Niyati said in astonishment.

Saanvika rolled her eyes and said, "We are going to the cafe cum restaurant which is just 10 mins away from your house. So don't worry. Now move fast ."

Niyati went to her room to get dressed.
.
.
.
"You know, the guy is constantly looking at you. I don't blame him...you are looking like a doll." Saanvika said to Niyati who was sitting in front of her with a wink.

Niyati was wearing a black floral dress which reached till midthigh with a pair of nude heels. Her wavy hair was open.
Whereas Saanvika was wearing a white floral dress and a pair of white heels.

Niyati's look

Saanvika's look

"You are the model here..the famous Saanvika Arora and he was looking at me. Shut up ,okay!!." Niyati said.

Saanvika is a model by profession and also famous face of Television. She hosts reality shows and award shows as well.

Saanvika rolled her eyes. Her friend doesn't know how to take attention and compliment.

They ordered a plate of chowmein, veg manchurian , pizza and cold coffee which had already arrived.

Both of them immediately dived into it.

"Yaar, this pizza is so yum. I just love this place." Niyati said as she took a bite. The taste of the food made her close her eyes automatically.

" So true. That's why I brought you here." Saanvika said with a smirk. Niyati chuckled.

"By the way, if your fiancé sees you in this dress. You know right that he will get a heart attack. Short dress!!! Oh God." Saanvika said with a giggle.

Niyati shook her head and said, "Oh please. He is not that bad."

Saanvika chuckled. She won't change.

"So you are coming tomorrow right, the Holi party remember ?" Niyati asked her .

"Oh yes, yes. Wait for me okay.. we will go together." Saanvika replied while adding some more sauce in her noodles.

"No way.. we won't wait for you. How dare you think that I will wait for you!!" Niyati said dramatically.

Saanvika showed her tongue while making a face listenibg to her sarcasm.
" Now tell mee, what's new you 're doing? Last show ended last week..now what?" Niyati asked.

"Right now I am concentrating on modelling. By the way, I didn't tell anyone but I am talking with some producers and directors. If everything goes well, then you can soon see me as an actress." Saanvika said in whisper so that nobody heard her.

Niyati gasped in surprise and squealed. But she immediately controlled herself seeing the people around her.

" I am sure you will hear some good news. Oh my God!! I can't believe it. I am so happy for you ." Niyati said with a grin and caught Saanvika's hand . She knew how hard Saanvika was trying to get this opportunity for years.

Saanvika laughed seeing her overexcited best friend and said, "Relax, I have not gotten selected yet."

" You will be. My gut feeling is saying this." Niyati said. She prayed immediately for her friend in her heart , " Hey Bholenath, please meri dost ki wish puri Kar dena. (Hey Bholenath, please fulfill my friend's wish.)"

[Bholenath is Lord Shiva.]

Here the first Chapter of the book.

Let me know how's it.

Share your opinion and please do Vote.