{1}

(A/N For those who are wondering, this story picks up near the end of chapter 11 on the other one. Also, don't ask about the meme, it's just too accurate and perfect and I love it so I had to include it loll)

(TW: Self-h@rm and unaliving thoughts, Bl00d)

(Scott's POV)

The cold tip of the sword was pressed against my chest, already having cut a small bleeding scratch in the skin. My hands shook as I prepared to end it all. I was going insane, I couldn't take it anymore. I felt a strange piece crossed my mind. The first piece I had felt since being locked in my room. I raised the sword, then froze. One thought. That was all it took. But that thought. It was more powerful than either of the warring sides. What if Jimmy kills himself after I do this?

The thought made my entire world tip, then speed up, then do a full back flip. What would I do? What would happen to me if Jimmy and I were switched and he did it? Wouldn't I just kill myself too? The thought of Jimmy dead... it was almost too much to bare. I would. I admitted to myself. If Jimmy ever died, I would kill myself to be with him. With that, I through the sword I still gripped in one hand to the other side of the room.

I looked up quickly as I heard footsteps outside the door. I glanced around my room, then down at myself and realized that my floor and my arms and clothes were all covered in blood, but there was no way to hide it now. I just hoped my father wouldn't notice, although that was stupid. Of course he would notice. I sigh and accept my fate, sitting down on my bed. But the person who came through the door was not my father, and I could tell right away. For one thing, this person shot in through the door like he wasn't supposed to be here, closed the door fast, and rested his head on the door, breathing hard. The boy had darkish purple hair and was clearly much smaller that my father. I stared at the boy in  shock and amazement.

"X-Xornoth?" I crocked quietly. "Dad said I wasn't allowed in here but I had to-" Xornoth said in a rush as he turned around and froze at the sight of me and the amount of blood everywhere. "SCOTT. WHAT. HAPPENED." I shrugged slightly, but noticed Xornoth was not looking. He was rummaging through a bag he had slung over one shoulder. "Thank Aeor I brought this." he mumbled, pulling out a blanket much like my own, just more comfortable looking, but the same color so they looked the same from a distance. "What are you doing, Xor?" I asked as my brother nudged me up gently and pulled my blanket off my bed before putting on the other one. "Do you have scissors or a knife or something?" Xor asked without answering my question. I nodded with a small sigh and gave him the knife I had used. There was blood staining the knife and Xor stared down at the knife for a second before looking at me with a mix of worry, understanding, and annoyance, but he didn't say anything for now.

Xor began to cut my previous blanket into strips, before gently taking one of my arms and rapping the makeshift bandage around the wounds. After he had covered all the cuts on my arms, he took the other half of the blanket he had saved and cleaned the blood off the floor. I just watched helplessly as I couldn't move my arms much without them hurting like hell, and thought about how I had the second best brother in the world. (Jimmy only beat out Xornoth because he was the best brother to Lizzie, no bias here at all, nope, none. :D)

Once Xor was done, he sat next to me and started to look in his bag again. "I heard dad say he took all the books from your room, so I wanted to bring you something to do. You talk about this series a lot so I brought you the book that you ordered, it arrived one day while you were in the Cod Empire." He said and handed me a book I had been waiting for for a while. It was part of a series I was reading.

It was a series called The Life Series. There were 5 arcs, each with a different name for the arc and a few books in each arc. The first arc was called 3rd Life, with 7 books in the arc. The fun thing about the series was that it was told all at the same time, just with different perspectives, each book being a new group's perspective. I was on the 4th book. The first book was called Desert, 2 people named Grian and Scar, who lived in the desert and were the winners of the first arc. The 2nd book was called Hunt, and it followed a boy named Smallish. The 3rd was called King, following 2 boys named Martyn and Ren, who wanted to be the kings of the other groups. But I was most excited about the fourth book as it followed 2 boys named Smajor and Solidarity. The book's name was Flowers. I always thought it was weird because my last name is Smajor, but now I also realize that Jimmy's last name is Solidarity. That might have been why I had shipped the two so much even from just reading the other perspectives.

I stared down at the cover and grinned at the picture of the blue haired boy and the blond haired boy in their little flower domain. And now I saw their pictures, I realized they really did look like me and Jimmy. I smiled and through my arms around my brother, who smiled and hugged me back.

"XORNOTH! WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED YOU DOWN HERE NOW." our father's voice boomed out suddenly, making us both jump. "I-I should go..." Xor muttered, getting up. "Stay strong Scott, I'll try and get a message to Jimmy for you if you want." I jumped up, hope flashing through me like fire. "Please! Can you just tell him... Tell him I love him and miss him and will see him soon I hope." I said, jumping up. Xornoth nodded, then he was gone, slipping out as fast as he had come.

I sighed, already missing him, but mostly missing Jimmy. With nothing else to do, I sat down and started to read.

I did not realize until much later that Xornoth had taken my knife with him.

Word count: 1110 :)

(This is the cover for Flowers, the Life series book Scott is on, NONE OF THIS ART IS MINE, I just thought it was cute and quickly just made the cover.)

)