Patience

After a long day of school, Bumblebee and Raf came to pick me up and bring me to the base. "Leah, I'm really sorry about Cliffjumper," Raf said. 

"Oh. Thanks, but at least he didn't die. I hope Ratchet has good news, like yesterday." 

Bumblebee started playing chip tunes on the radio. It wasn't my type of music, but it was still catchy and made me want to dance. Of course, Ratchet bridged us back though he wanted to spare the time around less humans.

When I exited, I decided to watch TV to pass the time. The base was a whole lot quieter now that Miko wasn't here, because she was in detention. Snatching the remote and flicking through the channels to see if there was anything good on, it soon got old, so I turned the TV off.

***

It's been 2 hours, and Miko's out of detention. This'll be... fun.

"So, what do you guys think we should do today?" Miko questioned. Bumblebee walked over and buzzed while gesturing what looked like gaming. 

"Video game tournament! Last one standing wins!" Raf cheered. Bumblebee then did a cheerful buzz and pointed in a supportive manner. When Raf was just about to grab the controller, Miko snatched it away and had another one in her hand, leaning to Jack and teased, "Prepare to be destroyed.

Jack was leaning back on the couch and answered, "Yeah, not really my thing, Miko."

"Oh? Scared of losing? To a girl?"

Jack sighed and swiped the controller. "Bring it!" Miko giggled. "No mercy." They started playing this 2-player car racing game. Raf and I just sat there, staring.

"Hey Leah," Jack said. "You wanna take on Miko for me?"

I took the controller and handed it to Raf. And of course, he won quickly. That's never gonna get old. Miko groaned, walked down the stairs and dashed to her guitar amplifier. Just as I expected.

Just then she started strumming her guitar and I covered my ears, mirroring everyone else, but it didn't really help. "I told you to keep it down!" Silverstream snorted.

The mare rushed over to the amplifier and stepped on it, stopping the crescendoing noise at once. "Hey!" Miko barked, putting her hands on her hips. "I'm starting a band here!"

Silverstream rolled her eyes. "Well, you can start a band  when you're actually in one!" She still didn't move her hoof from the amplifier cord. 

"Silverstream is correct, Miko," Ratchet said, pestered. "We are all trying to do something, but can't when you're being this loud all the time!"

Miko groaned again and went back onto the couch. 

"Is Cliffjumper doing better?" Wind'Song asked. Ratchet gave out a groan. "Well, he certainly won't now by choice, because Cliffjumper is extremely disabled! When he wakes up, he'll need to stay off of his feet for one week and then use crutches for a far longer amount of time!"

"Spoiler alert!" Silverstream whispered loudly to where Ratchet could hear.

"Don't start with me."

***

Wind'Song began to yawn after about an hour, and her canines were visible. Those teeth looked like they could bite a good chunk out of anyone. She then fell asleep, just laying there. 

Optimus, Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee went for patrol, the other kids were watching TV, and Ratchet was decoding something. No one was paying any attention to Cliffjumper but Silverstream and I.

"I hope he wakes up soon," Silverstream sobbed."I can't... I just can't deal with this anymore. Cliff is one of my best friends, and I cannot bear seeing him like this. Never, ever again."

I nodded in agreement. A tear shed down Silver's fur, but not mine because I don't usually get emotional. Silver pawed at the ground and I paced back and forth, waiting-- just waiting for any sign, any movement that means awakening.