Tehami made his way to school. However, as the day unfolded, something unexpected happened. Mam Uzma's lessons were not the usual drudgery; they were infused with creativity and excitement. Her teaching transformed complex subjects into captivating stories, drawing Tehami and his friends into the world of learning.

As the day progressed, Tehami's despondency began to lift. By the time an extended recess was announced, he was already on the path to understanding the value of this extra day of school.

During recess, Tehami joined his friends for a spirited game of football, the sun warming their faces. Their laughter filled the air, echoing the camaraderie they shared.

In the last period of the day, Tehami's eyelids grew heavy, and he couldn't help but drift into a light slumber. It was a brief respite, a nap that would change the course of his day. In his dream, Tehami found himself in his cozy bedroom. The gentle hum of the ceiling fan filled the air, and sunlight streamed through the curtains. He woke up to the familiar sound of a van approaching their home, its engine rumbling softly.

As Tehami glanced at the clock, his heart quickened. It was much later than he expected, and he had a sinking feeling that something was amiss. He rushed out of bed, his tiny feet padding across the cool tile floor.

When he reached the window, his heart froze. A van, just like the one in his dream, was parked outside their house. His mother was standing near it, dressed in a simple but elegant outfit, her face illuminated by a warm smile.

Panic coursed through Tehami's veins as he stumbled towards the front door. He had to reach his mother, had to stop her from leaving. He shouted her name with every ounce of strength he could muster, but his cries seemed to get lost in the vastness of the world outside.

Mother turned to face the house, as if sensing her son's distress. Tears welled up in her eyes as she waved goodbye, and then, with a heavy heart, she stepped into the van. The engine roared to life, and the van began to pull away from the curb.

Tehami's voice reached a crescendo as he ran after the van, his tiny legs pumping with all the might an eight-year-old could muster. But no matter how fast he ran, the van seemed to slip further and further away. Desperation welled up inside him as he cried for his mother, for her to come back.

Then, just as he was about to give in to despair, he woke up. It had been a dream, a vivid and heart wrenching dream that left Tehami shaken to his core. He was back in the classroom, the sounds of his friends' laughter and the chalk against the blackboard surrounding him. He blinked away the remnants of his dream, trying to make sense of the tumultuous emotions it had stirred. The world outside the window was bathed in the soft hues of late afternoon, and Tehami knew that the school day was drawing to a close.

As he made his way home, Tehami's heart felt heavy, as if the dream had left a mark on his very soul. The fear of losing his mother, even in a dream, had shaken him to the core. He couldn't bear the thought of being separated from her.

When he arrived home, he found the house empty. His mother was nowhere to be seen, and the familiar sound of her laughter was conspicuously absent. Panic began to well up inside him once again.

Tehami rushed to the neighbors, his voice quivering as he asked if they had seen his mother. The neighbors, kind and understanding, shook their heads, unable to offer any information. They had no idea where Mother had gone.

Tears welled up in Tehami's eyes as he made his way back home. He felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness and fear, as if the dream had somehow foretold the events of the day. He curled up on the couch, his sobs wracking his small frame as he cried for his mother, for her to come back.

Exhausted and overwhelmed, Tehami eventually fell into a fitful sleep, his dreams filled with images of his mother disappearing into the van, her voice fading into the distance. As the hours passed, the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows in the dimly lit room. It was evening when Tehami awoke with a start. His eyes were red and swollen from crying, and his heart ached with longing for his mother.

Then, in the soft glow of the room's dim light, Tehami felt a gentle hand on his hair. His eyes widened in disbelief, and he turned slowly to see Mother sitting beside him, her loving eyes filled with warmth and affection.

Tehami's voice trembled as he asked, "Mother, where were you? I was so scared." With a tender smile, Mother replied, "Tehami, today is a special day. It's your birthday, and I had a surprise for you."

Tehami's tears of sorrow turned to tears of joy. His mother had returned, and a sense of relief washed over him. He understood now how much he missed her, how her presence filled his life with happiness.

He couldn't contain his excitement as he waited for the unveiling of the surprise gift. The evening gathered a cozy and celebratory atmosphere as his friends joined the festivities. Then, the moment arrived. Mother presented Tehami with a beautifully wrapped gift, and he unwrapped it with trembling hands. Inside, he found a brand-new PS5, the gaming console he had longed for.

Overwhelmed with gratitude and love, Tehami hugged and kissed his mother. "Thank you for being with me, Mama," he whispered, his eyes shining with affection.

And so, in the warm embrace of family and friends, Tehami's birthday became a day to remember, a day that taught him the profound lesson of love and the beauty of cherishing every moment spent with those who mattered most.

That day, Tehami realized the true essence of his mother's love and presence in his life. There was nothing more special to him than the bond they shared, a bond that made every moment, even the challenging ones, precious. He looked at his mother . "I love you, Mama," his eyes said silently.