MAMA

Once there lived an energetic and deligent child named Tehami . He was 8 years old and he had high spirits . The spirits to play ! He was fond of playing like all other kids and always did his homework with the motivation that he will then have time to play with his friends.

He was good in studies but all was because of his mother . His mother infuriated the idea that he should study good to excel in life .

Weekend was about to come and definitely Tehami's excitement was on another level because for him it was the best time . He had 2 full days to play but he did not know that his plans are going to be shattered . On a sunny Friday morning that already is a half day , his teacher announced that Saturday will be on because their syllabus was left and the deadline was about to come .

Due to uncertain political activities in Islamabad , local authorities blocked roads and all educational and corporate institutes were closed for few days .

The teacher said , " As our course routine was disturbed due to unplanned holidays but we will have to complete it before the deadline and for that tomorrow you all have to come . Saturday is on ." These words felt like a lightening thunder has hit Tehami . His heart sank like a stone. He saw all his plans go in vain .He was sad ,very sad .

He went back home . He gave it a thought and decided to not go the next day . He told his mother about it but he did not know that his mother will not allow him to skip school on Saturday. He said , " Tomorrow is Saturday but teacher has asked the whole class to come to complete course work. But I am not going ." Mama asked ,"Why ?" On this Tehami replied , "Because its rest day and one day won't make any difference . I am tired . "

Mama said on this , "No! You will attend school tomorrow . Teacher is calling for your own benefit . You can rest on Sunday ." Tehami was not very happy with the situation and replied ,"It is teacher's fault that she did not complete syllabus on time . " Mama, " It is not her fault but of pointless and clueless protests due to which hundreds of thousands of people come to our city to protest and roads are blocked . This syllabus is included in exams and many topics are important for future classes and have practical importance . " Tehami was disgusted on this and said ,"It has nothing to do with me . I will not go ." Mama ,"When she has called you this means , important topics will be covered tomorrow so you should go . And you may enjoy your Saturday at school." Tehami ,"No! I will not go."

And he goes to his room. During the day at different intervals he asked his mom ,"I am not going ,right?" On this his mother replied every time ,"You are !"

Next morning . Tehami due to tension woke up early and he thought that his mother has accepted that he is not going and he tried to sleep again and fell slept . After some time his mother woke him up. Tehami's heart sank like a stone. He had grand plans for Saturday, plans filled with games and adventures with his friends.

The mere thought of spending it at his desk, surrounded by textbooks, was unbearable. Tehami was in furious and said in surprising manner, "What! Am I really going ?" His mother got a little angry ," Yes you are . You are acting like you are going to school for first time . You are not going to crave stones from mountains . Now come on , get ready , you are getting late ." Tehami was not at all happy with the situation . He somehow got ready and decided to not have breakfast to show his sadness.