" -We don't know our powers yet ", a male apprentice around my age, interrupted.

  " DON'T INTERRUPT ME! I was going to say, I will also teach you to know your powers that you weld ", the professor said, adding importance to the word "also".

  " And, yes, I'm your mentor, for this apprentice season. You may call me, Professor Cardinal ", he added. " Now, make a single file line to my right, facing up ahead ", he commanded.

  So we did.

  " Now, I will call your name, and you will stand up front ", said Professor Cardinal.

  " Yes, professor ", the class, including me, replied.

  " Flame! ", called the professor. And, a fall- orange coated apprentice walked forward.

  " Now, think of something that makes you glow ", instructed Cardinal.

  Flame then, closed his eyes, and in a matter of seconds, he started glowing.

  " Okay, now, nice and easy, let yourself spill your powers out ", said Cardinal.

  Then, fire started forming from where Flame was standing. Flame didn't seem to get burnt, he seemed to resist it! " Good job! Awesome, I can sense you will do great things ", Professor Cardinal said, delightedly.

 Flame didn't seem to get burnt, he seemed to resist it! " Good job! Awesome, I can sense you will do great things ", Professor Cardinal said, delightedly

( Picture of similar scene of Flame, minus night sky )

( Time skip )

  " Moon! ", said Cardinal, making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

  I took a deep breath, and walked up to the front, facing the class and the mentor.

  " Same thing as the others ", he reminded me.

  I closed my eyes, and started thinking of any moment that I had glowed before. Then, I remembered, whenever I felt love or excitement, I glowed! So, I thought of this morning, when the sun hit me, and I felt warm.

  I heard the class gasp, so I opened my eyes to see what was going on. And I saw a bunch of critters standing around me, but they were all dark blue coloured, and a bit transparent.

 And I saw a bunch of critters standing around me, but they were all dark blue coloured, and a bit transparent

( Similar picture of Moon )

  My eyes widened, from what was going on. " Excellent! ", the professor called out. Making me lose my concentration, and suddenly the critters disappeared. And I stopped glowing.

  " It's fine, it's fine. It was my doing. Now, we learn how to use these powers to defend yourselves, in an emergency ", Professor Cardinal said.

( Time skip )

  Today was fun, but I need to get home.

  I walked towards our den, and got jump scared by my brother. He had sneaked up on me, from behind.

  " Dude! You're so scary! ", I cried out, but he was just laughing his head off.

  I glared at him. But it made him laugh even more. " Are ya done? ", I said, not breaking my glare.

  " Sorry, sorry, I was just having a bit of fun, you scaredy- cat ", said Lupus.

  My eyes started to water, " I'm not a scaredy- cat ", I said fighting the tears.

  " Argh- why do you always have to cry, are you a crybaby too? ", he added.

  I couldn't hold it back any longer. The tears were like a neverending stream. " Stop it! Stop it! ", I said running inside. " Crybaby! ", I heard him shout.

----

  As I went inside, my parents came to me.

  " What's wrong? Why are you crying? ", my mother said, looking at my swollen eyes. " Lupus called me a scaredy- cat and a crybaby...", I simply said.

  " LUPUS! ", father yelled out. And from that, you would know he was in big trouble.

  My parents grounded him for a week. He couldn't have fun outside, only during class. And he also had to do even more chores.

  I don't like getting people in trouble, but my brother always treats me like this. He makes fun of me, for being such a softy, but I don't think it's such a bad thing. It actually feels good to be one, but not when people point it out..

  I was sitting looking into the distance, from our den's entrance.

  How I loved looking into the night sky. It felt so nice, seeing the stars and moon, it made me calm down after a bad day.

  " Moon! Come back inside, it's bedtime! Don't get hit by a comet now ", my mother said, making a slight joke at the end.

  I walked inside, and my parents were in their nest. I looked over at me and my brother's nest, but Lupus had taken all the space.

  " Lupus, scoot over, please ", I whispered to him, trying to not wake anyone. " I don't need to. You can sleep on the floor, for being a snitch ", he replied.

  I sighed, giving up, after all, I was the one who made him get in trouble...

  I laid down on the cold ground, and curled up into a ball. I wonder when my third tail will grow, I thought to myself, and in a matter of moments, I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

  So, how was this chapter? Do you like the characters? Leave comments and vote to read what happens next!

  Have a good day/night, and see you next time!

~ ChibiFoxGrl