Vegas In Style

"Come on, Marl, I'm asking you to be there because I want you there."

Marley sighed at her brother's words. It had been a month of him trying to convince her to join him and his friends for his bachelor party, to which she always responded saying she would 'consider it'.  "Doug, how many times? It's a BACHELOR party. It's a night for guys. I am the furthest thing from a guy. And I don't know if my bank account or my stomach for that matter can handle alcohol again after Tracy's bachelorette party last weekend."

"You're my best friend. You always have been. It wouldn't be right for you to not be there. And besides, you always join us on nights out. You're the biggest party animal out of all of us. You'll be bringing the fun."

Doug always knew how to convince her, telling her she was the one to provide the fun and craziness to any evening when she wasn't feeling like going for drinks. It wasn't even a lie, and she knew it too.

"I don't know..."

"There's almost too many reasons for you to be there. First off, I want you there. Second, you're the life of the party. Third, Phil and Stu haven't seen you in forever. And fourth, when I told Tracy I was inviting you she was very keen on the idea, thinking you'd keep us all in line." Doug let out a laugh.

Marley thought back to the previous weekend, at Tracy's bachelorette party. Before she had gotten too drunk, the bride-to-be had practically begged Marley to join the guys, saying she knew she would keep them out of trouble.

Clearly, Tracy had never seen Marley drunk drunk.

"Okay! Fine! I'll go." Marley spoke, running a hand through her hair. It was clear Doug was not giving up anytime soon. And she had to admit, the thought of Vegas was exciting.

"Fuck yeah! It's going to be great, Marl. I'm not telling Stu and Phil you said yes, I wanna see the looks on their faces. Oh, and by the way, Alan's coming with us."

"Really? You think he can handle Vegas?"

Marley had met Alan a few times at joint family dinners and birthdays. Don't get her wrong, she thought he was sweet and enjoyed his company, but she wasn't too sure Alan would really be suited to Vegas. And she was not in the mood for babysitting.

"He'll be fine. Just Tracy says maybe no gambling. Or a lot of alcohol."

"He comes with instructions? He's like a gremlin." Marley let out a chuckle, making Doug laugh too. "But don't worry, he will be well looked after."

"Aw thanks."

"Not by me. You, and maybe Stu." Marley felt like she could hear his eye roll through the phone.

"Okay, I see. I gotta go, but I'll pick you up tomorrow around 2.30?"

"Awesome. Later."

"Bye Marl."

Marley pushed her cell back into her jean pocket, taking a deep breath, knowing now she'd have to pack for the night away and pick the perfect outfit. Contemplating to herself what would make Phil look her way. She didn't like to think she had a thing for Phil, he was attractive, funny, confident, caring and basically anything else you could think of. But he was also one of Doug's best friends, and she never wanted to jeopardise that. Not to mention she had also been friends with him since they were kids. But it didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the flirty banter they shared, and his physical affection with her. She could enjoy it as a friend.

Just as she had almost tore her wardrobe apart trying to figure out what to wear, her phone rang again. Pulling it out of her jeans, she looked at the small screen to be greeted with the name 'Trace'.