𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

BACK AGAIN and I apologize for depriving yall of your well-deserved Monty time, don't worry- this chapter should make up for it 😉😉😉😉
Enjoyyyyyyy~

A brief thought crossed your mind about calling in sick while you turned your alarm clock off, but you didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get more hours in. You needed the money more than ever now.

You looked at your broken appearance in the mirror, accepting that you'd have to wear a full face of makeup to cover the bruises on your neck and face.

You decide on doing your hair first, getting it out of the way.

Pulling out your secret compartment of makeup
from underneath the counter, you dig through the small bag before finding your foundation and concealer. You paint your face with the product, watching any imperfections and marks disappear with each stroke of the silky applicator.

After applying a generous amount, your face looked back to normal. Well, save the fact that you were literally wearing makeup.

You added blush, and highlight to commit to the full look today. Nothing crazy of course, just a natural look. You did not feel like dealing with any 'unwanted' attention today.

You finish up by applying some mascara and your favorite lipgloss before walking back to your room, getting on your work outfit. Checking the time, you realize you don't have much time for breakfast.

Looks like an early lunch break today...

As you walk out to your car, you notice some dark clouds brewing in the sky. You sigh to yourself, knowing it might rain later today and you'll have to drive through the possible storm.

You get in the car and back out of your driveway. The drive to work was quiet, you didn't have the energy to put on music so silence accompanied you on the way to work today.

The morning went according to the basic routine.
Clock in, greet co-workers, do Monty's morning check-up, lunch break, nap, do Monty's evening check-up...

"What's that?" You hear a deep voice ask, ripping you out of autopilot.

"Hm? What's what?" You hum in reply, your gaze not meeting his as you cranked away with a wrench.

He glanced at your wrist that reached across his body while you grabbed another tool. Your sleeve slightly pulled back and revealed a dark purple mark.

"That." He repeated firmly, nodding to your wrist with a lifted finger. Was that...a bruise?

"Oh, it's nothing I-" He grabbed your forearm, careful not to touch your bruise. Looking closer he noticed the marks spanned across the flesh on your wrist. Odd place to have a bruise.

"Care t' explain?" He questions with a raised brow, waving ur arm slightly. You rolled your eyes before snatching your hand back. "I don't have anything to say to you. Accidents happen okay?" You snap.

It came off a little ruder than what you meant, but all you wanted to do was just crawl in a hole and die at the moment.

Monty noticed your tone and further inspected you. Upon his search, he found a matching bruise on your other arm. He sighs, deciding he's had enough.

"Alright, who's doing this t' ya? These don't show up by 'accident'." He says firmly, holding both of your arms in a strong grip.

You scoff. "What is with you?" You reply, trying to pry yourself from the robot. "What's with you? I've never seen ya act like this." Monty growls, his grip tightening ever so slightly- not enough to hurt you but to ensure you'd stay put.