Bye Mama

I am Christina Sawdust.
I am nineteen.
I am ready to move out.
I am ready to fulfill my dreams.
I am ready to make mama proud.
I am ready to move out.

2019, my year. I wake up and wipe my eyes, I hear the sound of food sizzling and the smell of fresh bacon and a good southern household. It's 7:12 am. I yawn and stretch.
Today will be the day I move out, I just know it will.
I think to myself

I walk into the kitchen and see mama sizzling bacon and eggs, it's not easy when you're poor and living in the southern states. Not good at all.
"Morning sugar-pie."

Mama tells me.
She's always called me sugar pie, ever since I was little girl. But now it's time to go grow up.
"Morning mama.." I excuse myself as I sit down in one of the chairs
"You seem down sugar, what's going on?" Mama asks me

"Nothing it's just that.. well.. I-" I stuttered hoping what I was going to say wouldn't hurt her.
"I want to move out." I quickly stammered hoping she wouldn't feel bad.
"Oh honey.." mama told me with a bit of pain in her eye.

"You can always move out, I'm okay with it but, I'll really miss you." She told me walking closer "You're always welcome to come back."

"I know. It's just sad moving out of my childhood home I've knew my whole life, I can't believe it." I stammered, trying not to tear up.

Mama hugged me tight and began tearing up with me, rubbing my back and telling me everything was going to be okay.

I explained to her and my brother how I would be moving away today and how I'm going to go fulfill my dreams as a star, they helped me pack my things and get settled.
We laughed, cried, hugged, and enjoyed our last few talks together.

And that's when I headed for the road in my tractor trailer. I turn on; "What's up?" By 4 Non Blades and sung along.
I thought about mama and my brother, how sad they would be without me. I hope everything would be okay while I'm gone.