cold as you

requested by Chrisna123445

Y/n's Age-12

Everything was well between Taylor and her daughter, until things took a turn.

Why would that be?

It all started when Y/n and Taylor were having a casual conversation.

"Hey mom, can I go with aunt Sel to the mall?" Y/n asked. "Why? Don't you want to go to the studio with me?" Taylor replied confused at her daughter's question. "Mom I always go to the studio with you, and as much as I love your music, I need a break. Not just from your work, but from everything." She said.

Truth is that every time the 12 year old goes to the studio with her mom, she always gets yelled at for some reason. She gets the blame for things that happen, even when they're not her fault.

"Actually I don't want go to the studio with you, mom. You never pay attention to me because you're recording and then you have the audacity to blame me because something went wrong." Y/n explained to Taylor. "I have deadlines, Y/n. I can't focus all my attention on you while we're in the studio." She spoke to Y/n. "See, that's why! Mom, you just care about your music. Maybe you should just quit, I'm sure your fans are going to be okay without you! It's not like they need you or anything. You know people are right, you dramatize everything!"

Then it all goes silent.

And not the good type of silence.

"Fine, go." Taylor said, then she grabbed her car keys and walked out the door. "Fine, if you say so." Y/n huffed. She was really annoyed at her mom's response towards a simple question, yes of course she always goes with her, but she hates getting yelled at for no reason.

A few hours passed by and Y/n had just gotten home from the mall with Selena. She was met with Travis, who was in the kitchen cooking.

"Hi dad, I'm back. How was practice?" She asked politely.

"Hey sweetheart, practice was good like always. Where's your mom? Weren't you supposed to be with her at the studio?" Travis asked.

"Change of plans, mom said I could go with aunt Selena to the mall. Is she not back yet?" The 12 year old questioned.

Travis took a deep sigh, "Not yet, she probably got caught up recording. Dinner's almost ready, go wash up." Y/n nodded in response and took her shopping bags to her room.  After a bit she came down for dinner, but Taylor was nowhere to be seen. "Are we going to wait for mom?" She asked. "She'll get here in a bit, you just go ahead and start eating." Travis replied.

The father daughter duo then started eating their dinner peacefully. Not too long after there was a slam at the door.

"Tay? We're in the kitchen having dinner." He yell out for his wife to hear.

"You cannot believe the day I've had Trav. Earlier today I got disrespected by your daughter." Taylor said to her husband, not knowing their 12 year old was sitting right there. She then carefully inspected the room and saw Y/n sitting there with Travis. "Umm...dad, may I please be excused?" Y/n begged her father. The football player was confused by his daughter's sudden change in mood. "But Y/n/n, you haven't finished your dinner yet." Travis explained to her. He then turned to look at Taylor and she looked annoyed with her.

"Okay go ahead."

"Thank you." Y/n said and then ran off to her room, after putting her plate in the sink.

"Tay, what was that for? Did she really do something that bad?" Travis questioned his wife.

"I don't want to talk to her at all. This morning she was supposed to go to the studio with me like she always does, but today she decided to tell me that she wanted to go with Selena to the mall. I wouldn't have had a problem with that until she started yelling at me about how trashy my music is and that I dramatize everything. I will not let her pre-teen self disrespect me." The blonde explained. "Well did you listen to her reasons?" The football player spoke. "I heard her say that she needs a break, and that I blame everything on her. She had no right to tell me that. I am her mother and she was to respect me." Taylor stated.