morning glory ─ elvanca

title : morning gloryoc / pairing : elvira wright and bianca stratford (elvanca)trigger warnings : none!

oc / pairing : elvira wright and
bianca stratford (elvanca)
trigger warnings : none!

──────────── ✦ ────────────

" ELS ! ELS WAIT ! "

" I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU, " Elvira says, "I don't have another word to say to you."

Elvira doesn't even stop. She walks faster now that she knows Bianca is chasing behind her. She angrily pushes up her glasses as she turns the corner of the hall, the other set of footsteps still tries to catch up to her.

"Elvie, please, can we just talk?" Bianca begs.

"We have nothing to discuss," Elvira sneers.

Bianca eventually runs around them, which blocks their path from the narrow staircase. Elvira attempts to move around her anyway, but her arms now block the potential paths that Elvira could take.

"How many times do I have to tell you that we have nothing to discuss?" Elvira asks, "What you are doing is making me late for class. Move."

"Not until we speak!" Bianca says back, "You've been avoiding me."

"I am avoiding you for a reason."

Bianca frowns. "What did I do?"

What did you do? Elvira thinks to herself, You told everyone a rumor that wasn't even true.

Elvira scoffs in amusement. "You think I'm going to believe such false cluelessness?"

"False cluelessness?" Bianca asks, "I genuinely don't know what I did wrong!"

"Yeah! You never do, don't you?" Elvira grumbles, "You're always in your little world because everyone and everything revolves around little miss dimwit."

Bianca is taken aback by Elvira's words. She shakes her head. "I am not little miss dimwit!" She defends, "I just wanna know what I did wrong."

"You seriously don't know?" Elvira says, "You told people something that wasn't even true!"

"What are you talking about?"

"About Cameron."

Bianca was silent for a moment. She didn't exactly know what to say about that. She was just happy that Elvira had interest in someone. Or at least someone she thought she was interested in.

"Oh, that? It was pretty obvious anyway. You hang around him a lot," Bianca said.

"Have you ever heard of something called a friend?" Elvira asks.

"Of course I have! I'm friends with Charity!" Bianca replies.

"Well, me and Cameron are friends. Only friends," Elvira says.

"You can't be just friends with a guy, silly! It's common knowledge."

"It is false knowledge," Elvira tells her, "Anyone knows that you can have platonic relationships with the opposite sex."

Elvira finally pushes one of Bianca's arms off the wall before walking around her. Bianca immediately continues to follow them. She didn't want to hear any more. Elvira was hurt that Bianca would even do something like this. It may have been a mistake, but they've had something like this happen and they didn't want it to happen again.

Once they get down the stairs, Bianca once again blocks her path. "What is the big deal?!" Bianca asks, "He likes you, you like him, what's not─"

"I don't like him!" Elvira blurts him, "Not like that! And I'm flattered that he likes me, but I really only see him as a friend! And now everyone in this school is laughing at me and they don't even know the truth!"

It makes Bianca stand back in shock. She doesn't know what to say to the other girl. The outburst was abnormal for Elvira, and she knew that. She tries to be positive about this, but it doesn't look like it's going to end well.

"Then ... Then who do you like? Maybe I─"

"Stop it! Stop it, just don't!" Elvira yells, "I don't want your help! All you do is make things worse for me! You're insufferable, you're clueless, you're ..."

Elvira stops. They don't say anymore. They look at Bianca and she looks at Elvira with the saddest look on her face. And Elvira looks at her.

"You're the morning glory that grows and wraps around my saddened heart," Elvira says. It's barely audible.

Bianca is quiet. She doesn't exactly know how to react to something like that.

"The morning glory ... That's the one that grows around the buildings, right?"

Elvira nods. "It is."

"And ... I'm the morning glory?" Bianca questions.

"Yes," Elvira answers.

Bianca looks confused. She doesn't quite understand, yet the puzzle pieces fall together into place after a bit of thinking.

"Wait so ..." Bianca starts, "You like me?"

Elvira gives another nod. They don't know what to say after that. They didn't expect to tell Bianca how she felt so soon. It felt weird. It felt so strange. And the last time she's dealt with something like this, she was a laughing stock.

"I ... Didn't even know what was possible," Bianca whispers.

"What? Girls liking other girls?" Elvira asks.

"You liking me," Bianca answers.

"Well, it's inevitable. Everyone likes you," Elvira tells her, "You have a lot of people to choose from and from the looks of it, it won't be me."

Elvira walks off. She doesn't give Bianca a chance to say another word. They hear Bianca shout, "Wait! Come back!" But she doesn't stop.

She escapes before she can even hear the rejection.

── ♡ ( AUTHOR'S NOTE ! )

──  harls this is for you !! thank you for
this , i miss writing for elvanca