Chapter one - before fame

"Yah Baekhyun! I'm gonna smack you!"

Kyungsoo said nearly now yelling for the whole world to hear.

Ever since the day Kyungsoo had met Baekhyun in the 4th grade at school, Baekhyun had enjoyed teasing Kyungsoo. The two of them were inseparable and always play fighting with each other.

Suddenly as Kyungsoo aimed his had to smack Baekhyun he was met with a kiss on the forehead.

"Hehe, Coca Cola Mashita!"

Baekhyun said suddenly as he ran off with Kyungsoo's bottle of Cola.

Kyungsoo felt his face flush as he touched his newly damp forehead. He knew that he shouldn't feel that way about a close male friend, but he couldn't suppress his feelings. Ever since the their first year in junior high Kyungsoo felt as he saw Baekhyun differently from everyone else. He had only realized his feeling last year after accidentally clicking on a Bl manhwa which struck him differently.

When school ended both of them walked to the nearest Internet cafe. The both of them were so close that their shoulders occasionally touched each others.

To lighten the somewhat quiet mood Baekhyun started singing his favorite song Beautiful.

"Hello, you came to me
Giving me your shy scent~
In my hazy dream
You were shining, dazzling~
With a fluttering heart, without knowing
I went to you, step by step
And I stayed by your side~
My heart melts at your smile
When our eyes meet
My heart pounds~
Oh remember my smile in your heart
Think about it several times a day
Oh words I want to say to you~
You're beautiful~"

Even though the lyrics weren't directed to him Kyungsoo still wanted to hear those words from Baekhyun. He knew his one sided love wouldn't go through with if he told the truth, and he would gladly go away if that's what Baekhyun wanted.

As they walked Baekhyun accidentally tripped, and Kyungsoo went to grab him before Baekhyun fell, but suddenly as Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun and both of them fell together on the grass. As Kyungsoo laided over Baekhyun as they were both almost touching lips.

Kyungsoo didn't know why he did it, but in the spite of the moment he confessed how he felt about Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun what do I do... I like you."

Then Baekhyun's face began to glow amidst the gloomy weather. Then Kyungsoo was shoved over by Baekhyun as Baekhyun began to take off.

Kyungsoo was no left feeling both heartbroken and angry at himself. What had he done...

On the other hand Baekhyun wondered what he would do. He was planning on telling Kyungsoo that he would be leaving school tomorrow to peruse his singing career. He would be attending Seoul performing arts school starting in a week, and he would need to move.

Baekhyun thought of what he felt for Kyungsoo, and he knew Kyungsoo was special to him. Even so there was nothing he could do. He knew long distance wouldn't work and it would only hurt them more.

That's when Baekhyun decided to leave quietly without telling anyone...

Even if it hurt Kyungsoo, he thought it would be for the best.