1.Sparks

Net practice was starting for the day and the reunion with MI players was still ongoing.

And in the midst of the reunion, the pair of arms wrapped around Shubman from behind wouldn't let go.

"I missed you too, Ishu," he chuckled. "But shouldn't we start practicing soon?"

"We have to," Ishan sighed, pulling away. "Only if you give me my shirt back later."

"And you'll have to give mine back," the younger one said, earning a thoughtful hum.

"You know what, you'll keep mine and I'll have yours," he said, walking alongside the latter.

"Sounds like a deal," Shubman said as he faced Ishan. "By the way, I saw a baby in the stands earlier. Wanna say a quick hello with me?"

And that's all it took for Ishan's eyes to light up and push him forward to lead the way.

You were continuing to tell Ara the schedule for the day since you'd be leaving in a bit; you got a desk job to do after this.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Anish pulled away from the camera. "Do you remember when I told you I was attending my second cousin's wedding the day before yesterday."

"Yeah, and you sent me and Ara a picture of you alongside a huge vessel full of gulab jamun," you recalled as your daughter played with your hair.

"So my second cousin's husband's sister has a friend who owns a daycare. Do you think you can stop by this evening?" He asked.

"Your second cousin's husband's sister? This evening?" You repeated again and he nodded in confirmation. "Of course!"

It was great news. Even more if they accepted her.

Though the previous day care sent you an early three-week's notice, you couldn't find another one.

Actually this was the second of your 'take your child to work' day.

The crèche at your workplace was something you were allowed by your boss, only for this week, to turn towards temporarily.

Because it was for babies above the age of one. So, yeah, sue you.

Anish reminded you how it was only a month before your daughter turned one. But what until then?

"I'll send you the location and-"

You gave him a confused look when he stopped talking.

"And?" You prompted him to continue but he looked like he was absolutely going to melt.

You knew that look very well.

"Is Shubman Gill anywhere behind?" You asked Ara and she nodded her head.

Turning around, you found Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan walking towards you.

What a sight to behold. Your ship was sailing.

Had this been almost two years back when you were much more reckless, you would've fainted.

Anyway, Anish looked like he was really going to faint when Shubman greeted you all.

"Hello," he smiled. "I saw you both at the hotel yesterday. Just stopped by to say hi."

"Wow, that is," Anish spoke first, pausing to find the appropriate words. "-very kind of you."

"That's fine," he smiled again, this time, his eyes on you before they averted to your daughter in your arms. "Hello there," he said and while she still had her head on your shoulder, she gave a gummy smile.

She even stretched one of her tiny arms towards him.

"Is it okay if I hold her?" Shubman asked and you blinked momentarily.

"Yeah," you said slowly and he extended his arms towards her. "But I warn you, she might start crying or puking."

You carefully handed over your daughter to him, making sure she was held safely in his arms before you lowered yours.

She placed her hand on his cheek, still smiling and making sounds you could not understand.

Though she smiled at Ishan too as he made different facial expressions for her, she refused to get away from Shubman.

"What's her name?" He asked while still playing with her, her tiny hands on his face.

"Shahneel," you said, smiling as you watched over her.

He turned to look at you. "My sister's name." His dimples were on display and you nodded. You knew that; though it isn't why it's your daughter's name.

Ishan struck a conversation with Anish about his work at the same time when Shahneel, or Nini as you liked to call her, was center of the trio's attention.

Slightly weird that she hasn't reached out for you yet.

She's never been comfortable for more than two minutes in the arms of anyone who wasn't you. Guess she is now.

Shubman turned to look at you while your eyes were on your daughter.

Your lovely serene face, your smile as you stared at your little bundle of joy in his arms, then your eyes. He just couldn't stop himself.

Damn, she's beautiful.

And all heads turned to look at him.

"Did I say that out loud?" He asked, feeling like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and Ara nodded with a little laugh.

You did the same too, not giving it much thought. "Thank you," you said anyway while Shahneel laughed too because everyone around her was.

That's why they say when you see the truly young, you can see how genuinely innocent they are.

"How cute," Ishan cooed, placing a hand over his chest. "Did you get it from your mom or dad?"

Ara and Anish looked at you and Ishan saw it through his peripheral vision, turning to you too.

He looked as if to ask if he had said something wrong.

"Uh, he's not involved," you clarified and there was so denying the spark in Shubman's eyes.

"Okay," the one with the piercings nodded, back to cooing at your eleven month old. "Do you want my earrings?"

He asked with a smile as Shahneel tried to grab at them, one hand still on the taller man's shoulder.

A few more minutes passed until it almost felt normal. Then they were called to start practice.

"I guess I'll see you around," Shubman said as you took your daughter back in your arms.

"You will," you said as she tried to go back to him again.

He let go of her hand he was holding, bidding the three of you goodbye before he left with Ishan.

A/n

I have no idea about interacting with a baby. I'm not sure if I got it right ●﹏● Please correct me if not. And that was the first chapter while waiting for GT's first match with MI. An hour to go (/^◡^)/*。.。・*