Sweater Weather-Ominis

Song inspiration- Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

I hope to not completely butcher this one shot because I absolutely adore this song. This story has been in the works since February 25th- and I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get it done sooner-but I hope it's still okay. Enjoy!!

"Y/n..come on, wait up! Where are we going?" She giggled, holding onto my hand and pulling me with her.

She wouldn't tell me where we were going, and my wand wasn't much help. We were moving so fast the surroundings weren't getting imputed around me in time. I didn't mind though. I trust y/n with my life. She's my best friend. Although lately...I've been feeling a bit more towards her.

I've known her for just over a year now when she moved here for 5th year. I introduced myself to her, but I honestly thought she was looking for attention at first, so I pulled away.

Until she had gotten involved in Sebastian's antics and I learned that Rookwood and Ranrok were after her, I tried to help out.

Although when I heard her painful screams when Sebastian cast Crucio on her, I knew I never wanted to hear that sound again. It was ripping away at my being, and I wanted to hold her in my arms forever.

"We're almost there, Omi!" Y/n's voice took me away from my thoughts, as I heard her trademark giggle again. It was like skipping stones on water.

"How much farther? We've been running for an hour now."

"And...we're here." She paused for dramatic effect, silent except for her shallow breaths.

I slowly walked forward, until I felt her hand on my chest. "Wait." She said, my cheeks growing warm.

"You're so cute when you blush," she giggled.

"I am not cute." I crossed my hands over my chest.

"You seriously are."

I sighed.

"I need you to do me a weird favor. It sounds weird, but trust me, it gives you the full effect." She said suddenly.

"Okay.." I said, concerned. "What's up?"

"Take off your shoes. And socks. Please, trust me."

I was skeptical, and I guess the look on my face reflected it.

I felt her hands on my shoulders and I smiled. "Ominis, I wouldn't make you do anything you're uncomfortable with. If you don't want to, it's okay. But trust me. It's worth it."

I started taking off my socks and shoes, wondering what the heck she was doing.

"Feel the grass in between your toes?" I nodded.

"Walk towards the sound of my voice, Nis. You're almost there."

The terrain changed from grass to sand, and I felt it immediately. I kept walking until I felt the water rush over my feet.

"Where are we?"

I felt her come over and grab my hand, standing there in silence for a minute.

"We're at the beach, Ominis. I found this place last year after I couldn't sleep. Walking always helps me ease my thoughts, but this was my new favorite spot after I found this place. I haven't shown anyone this place. You're the first." She said, squeezing my hand, before letting go and walking towards the water.

I didn't tell her how I was feeling, but I hated the beach. I was honestly...scared of it. My wand doesn't work near water, so I was helpless. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't want to ask y/n for help. The only thing that made me feel better about this whole thing was that I was the only person she showed this place to.

She shivered, accidentally bumping into me,

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"No, no. I'm fine." She shrugged.

I smiled and took off my school robe, and draped it over her shoulders.

She wrapped it around her body tightly, and I smiled. Our talking soon stopped, and we were sitting in a comfortable silence.I didn't mind it. It gave me a chance to think and be at peace. She shivered again, instinctively moving closer to me. My heart started pounding in my ears. I could feel the ends of her hair tickling my neck. She lay two fingers on my neck, laughing when I jumped.

"Y/n! You're freezing," I complained.

"I'm always cold, Ominis."

She stood up and I was afraid she was going to leave, but she just walked a few steps ahead. And then I was sprayed with salt water. She flung some at my face.

"Y/n!" I groaned.

"You know you love me," she teased.

I laughed. I got the strong urge to pinch her chin just to make a point. That little witch thought she could make a joke that easily. She didn't know how much I wanted to pull her in and never let go.

I was jealous of the ocean for touching her legs.

I was jealous of the wind for getting to blow through her clothing.

Merlin, who am I?

"Come on! Come have some fun with me! I don't want to stand in this ocean alone!"

I sighed and joined her, before I was hit with more water. She giggled again and I just sighed, feeling like a parent.

We played in the water for a while longer, before a raindrop hit my nose, and another on my hand. Y/n felt it too and gripped my hand to help me out of the ocean. The touch sent electric shocks up my arm and I shivered a bit.

"It's raining. Let's go, Omi."

"Um-I won't be able to see anything. My wand doesn't work in water."

"Here. Take my hand. I promise I'll get you back safely."

I hesitantly took her hand, nervous for what the walk ahead had in store.

Except y/n y/l/n was holding my hand. And she wasn't letting go.

About 20 minutes in, I felt her slip. She fell on the wet grass, and I fell down with her, landing on my back.

"I'm so sorry, Ominis, I should've watched where I was going-"

I couldn't handle the feeling anymore.I cut her off as I grabbed the top of her shirt, pulling her into a clumsy kiss. I felt her smile against my lips as she kissed me back.

Merlin's beard, she was kissing me back.

I took in every part of her I could- the taste of her lips, her breathy voice when I kissed her, the way her eyelashes moved when her eyes fluttered shut.

Once oxygen became a necessity, we broke apart as I lay back down on the grass, breathing heavily. I already wanted to kiss her again.

"Took you long enough!" Y/n said, giggling again.

"Wait-what?"

"Ominis, are you really that dumb? I've only liked you for forever. I thought my hints couldn't get any more obvious."

I groaned, putting my hands over my face.

"It's okay. I still love you for it."

Her lips were on mine again, but this one wasn't gentle. She kissed me like she needed me to live, like this was the last moment on Earth. I kissed her with the same energy. I was afraid that if I softened my grip on her, she was going to disappear. I needed her here with me. I was savoring this moment, and I never wanted to let her go.