24

1948

Sitting in Hogwart's Great Hall for the start of another year I see Madame Bones sigh glaring at me when everything in the room turns Black after the final first year's place "Trust us" I mouthed.

The room shimmers before everything lights up with fireworks showing each house making the kids gasp, as four spirits shoot across the room before landing in front of their tables.

Looking to Dumbledore I smirk seeing him quickly jump in like he knew what was happening introducing each leader, before they announce the hall of founders has been opened and lost artifacts have been returned to allow them to freely move around the school without being called upon.

Looking at Madame Bones I smile seeing her discreetly lift her glass to us before taking a drink.

She stands up beside Dumbledore using her wand to raise her voice "This year our Headmaster has brought back Apprenticeships after a successful trial run last year, if chosen everything will be explained" she says calmly "The show you just witnessed was the work of my apprentices" she adds motioning to our table.

Smiling we stand waving before sitting back down as the rest of the announcements are done before eating.

Once finished we walk out following Madame Bones outside "You all have shown an interesting view of flying, the new flying instructor has agreed to work with you".

Looking up my eyes widen seeing Madame Hooch diving straight down spinning before suddenly yanking up and jumping off her broom that flies on before circling back and being grabbed by her.

"Rolanda Hooch" I say smiling while Minnie grabs my arm watching wide-eyed before squealing loudly and shaking me.

"Not to question our Queen know-it-alls but could you explain why you two look like you've been invited to dinner with my lord Kreacher" Myrtle asks frowning.

"You need to stop calling him that, it's creepy you started that religion" I say not taking my eyes off Hooch.

"She's the world's most accomplished witch on a broom and would have been the best seeker if they let people with creature heritage play" Minnie adds in a dreamy fangirl voice.

Swallowing I fight back lashing out while ignoring the tightness of my heart.

Hooch's eyes snap to us, as she looks us over her yellow eyes almost look like they are glowing.

"What's her creature heritage?" Myrtle asks confused.

"Fury, she has enough to still be considered a creature"

"What are their skill levels?" Hooch asks Madame Bones.

"Apprentice Warren is passable, Apprentices Hagrid and Sprout are acceptable, Apprentices Black and McGonagall exceed expectations"

She nods getting out brooms tossing them to us but stopping at Hagrid and frowning at the size difference for a moment "Show me" she orders.

I stay on the ground watching as Hagrid, Pomona, and Myrtle fly low and slow while Minnie stares at Hooch.

"Black and McGonagall why are you not flying" she demands making Minnie jump to quickly comply with her orders.

"I don't like flying" I answer shrugging.

She narrows her eyes at me "Show me" she orders.

I sigh glaring at the broom, raising it I press my foot on the rattan core before shooting straight up into the air spinning, carefully getting on I shoot off across the sky circling then aiming down in a nose dive straight at Hooch forcing her to jump back.

Standing on the ground I smirk at her holding the broom "I don't like flying" I repeat.

"You are talented" she says looking at me, I fight back a shiver feeling Hermione take control at praise from the only teacher she never impressed "Thank you".

Seeing Hooch's eyes harden while looking at my eyes I look away from her tilting my head slightly while pulling my shoulders back and keeping my body ready to fight but showing I'm not challenging her making her eyes widen before narrowing again.

"Madame Bones I need to work with Apprentice Black for tonight" she says.

Hearing Madame Bones agree I listen to them leaving before Hooch grabs my arm pulling me out of sight "How do you know proper responses for a fury checking you?" She demands.

Sighing I lift my hand so she can see the ring "I'm expected to know it, the heir of La Faye should know how to respond to creatures" I say softly.

She grabs my hand looking at the rings frowning "I thought that was a myth told to give creatures hope".

"I didn't even know about it" I say softly looking up at her, she frowns taking a deep breath "Your scent is covered in blood why is that?"

"Because I've killed many people in a past life and once in this one" I answer calmly.

"Why?" She hisses grabbing my face.

"In war, it was kill or be killed I fought for my life and those I care about, they were too weak to stomach killing and would have risked our safety by leaving our enemies alive, I killed the more dangerous ones, in this life it was an honor dual with someone who had already tried to kill me"

"Do you feel guilty for it?" She asks frowning.

"Yes and no, I have accepted that I murdered people following a madman and that their families lost them, but I feel no guilt for it because they would have killed me or someone I cared about, it was about survival I had no hate for my victims and did not judge them for anything"

She frowns stepping back "What's that like?" I ask.

"What?"

"Being able to sense what you do about me?"

"It is hard and why I've returned here where I'm less likely to meet someone covered in the scents, I was not expecting to find a child covered so much in it"

Nodding I sigh tilting my head back "I didn't know past life scents would still be on me, I guess I should have known since she's active in me and was sent with me" I say shrugging.

"It's more than one past life I can scent"

Looking up I nod "I have two active past lives in my mind one a direct link and Morgana".

"Why was the linked one sent with you?" She asks handing me a broom.

Sighing I follow her up completely out of sight or hearing range "I'm part of the Black line now, but before I was a muggle from a time when my friends were teaching here, my parents are dead, my siblings are as well, and my nieces and nephews are adults I went to school with my great nephew and was bullied by him and his friends, my niece tortured me, once the war ended two of my nieces used forgotten magic and sent me here it's permanent but I am supposed to change events".

She nods looking at me "You're the La Faye heir and pure blood so what's your stance on Creatures?"

Smiling I look down "Creatures saved me in my past life one of my best friends was a Veela married to a werewolf, even now I am friends with Veelas, half giants, and a house elf"

Next morning

{Black heir really a bastard child
An Anonymous informant sent a birth certificate to us here at the Daily Profit, it turns out the
Aquila Black is the bastard child of supposed sister Walburga Black.

It's well known during Lady Black's pregnancy she was never seen nor was her oldest daughter Walburga, we were told she was supposed to be taking care of her mother it appears they hid the pregnancy to pass off their grandchild as their own}

Frowning I burn the paper ignoring everyone whispering and looking at me, standing up I stalk out of the Great Hall "That has to be a lie" I hiss.

'It may be but it could be true all of Walburga's actions could be seen as a mother who lost her child and can't even admit it' Hermione says softly.