𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

A couple of minutes later Annie and Shark walk out with some random pieces of clothing on. I stand up and walk toward them.

"I know today is really scary, but just remember what you learned and stick together." I say to both of them. They nod their heads. "Okay, we have to get going now." I say.

The walk to the launch platform was quiet. Not an awkward quiet, but an understanding quiet. Everyone here knows what Annie and Shark feel like right now and no one wants to make them feel even more scared than they are now.

We make it to the launch platform. I walk with Annie and before she can walk on the hovercraft I stop her. "Just please believe in yourself. I know you can make it out." I say.

She nods her head and gives me a small smile before walking on the hovercraft and making her way to her seat.

I walk over to Cody who is just standing there while we wait for Finnick to come back from escorting Shark. Finn walks back over to us and we head to the Mentors room.

When we make it into the room only District 1-4 are here. All of the tributes get on the plane in order of District so we will be waiting a good amount of time until the Games actually start.

I say bye to Cody as he sits at the bar most likely waiting for Chaff and Haymitch. Finnick and I walk over to Cashmere, Gloss, Brutus, and Enobaria.

"Look who it is." Brutus says, "I knew it smelt a little fishy."

"Well that obviously wouldn't be Enobaria 'cause it seems she's all dried out." I say, looking her up and down.

Enobaria tries to strike at me, barring her razor sharp teeth at me. She is held back by a grinning Gloss. "I mean she's not wrong. You did that to yourself." Gloss says.

"I'll rip both of your throats out." She says, gritting her teeth together.

"That's not necessary." Finnick chimes in.
"Always trying to be the peacemaker, aren't you Fishboy?" Brutus asks.

"Well when another Victor who knows what everyone went through to get here today threatens to kill my district partner, I'll step in." He says.

"More like fuckbuddy." Enobaria mumbles.

"Screw off Enobaria, nobody asked for your fucking input. Just keep your damn mouth shut and maybe someone will actually like you." I yell.
She rolls her eyes and walks off. Brutus, not wanting to stay in the conversation, walks away and goes to get a drink from the bar.

"That's a fun way to start off the 70's." Cashmere says, with a fake bright smile.

"I mean these years are bad anyway, we only have 5 more years until we find out what the 3rd Quarter Quell will be." Gloss says.

"I know, I feel like Seneca wouldn't have something good planned." I say, looking at the siblings.

"I think he has a little infatuation with you. We all saw how he looked at you last night." Gloss says.

"What do you mean?" Finnick asks.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" I ask, copying Finnick.

"Oh, it's all over. The TV's, newspapers, pretty much everything. It was the way he was looking at you like you were his next snack. Everyone fell in love with it." Cashmere says, filling me in.

"Yeah because he is a creepy old man who just wanted to get in my pants like everyone else." I say.

"But only we know that. The entire Capitol sees a Capitol darling," Cash says, holding out one hand, "And a beloved Gamemaker." She says, holding out her other hand, "I don't think you can get better than that." She finishes.