Club hunting

Hello there, my name is Ethan, I'm an 18-year-old grade 11 student studying under the HUMSS Strand at Ravenford University. I'm not much of an academic achiever, I do what I can to get passing grades, which is what's important in my eyes, you see I'm the type of guy who'd rather run around in circles than review. I currently stay in a small, very cramped dorm, just a short walk away from my school, and well, everything's been going well, boring and mundane... Until One Day.

June 7. 2021. 6 AM Ethan's cramped bedroom.

*Alarm clock violently rings

Like every morning, I woke up in a cold sweat, as I got off my bed I let out a loud sigh because I heard his voice again, a voice begging me not to forget him. "It's the first day of school" I grunted, "let's see, what's my first subject today?" I asked myself as I looked at my notes app. "Ms. Tara, our adviser? Which subject hmm... Oh, it's Earth and Life Sciences, not bad."

I got off my phone and made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got dressed for school, I combed my short black hair and brushed my teeth. I walked to my kitchen table and let my nose embrace the smell of freshly microwaved leftovers... Yeah, being a broke dorm kid means I don't have much of a choice, I could go out and buy actual breakfast but... that'd mean I wouldn't have enough money for dinner, so I ought to buy a lot of stuff for dinner then eat the rest for breakfast... Okay, it sounds really cheap but hey, it's not that bad okay?

7 AM, at school.

I get to school just on time, as always. However this year, I took a good look around my new surroundings, this was my first time walking inside the senior high school building, it's way bigger than the Junior High one. I opened my notes app again to check which hall our lockers were in...

"Lockers are placed on the 1st floor, the Bat Hall? that's a weird name..." I said

Our school said they had prepared all of our stuff in advance, our books and even some spare pens. I once again glanced around my surroundings, the halls smelled clean, like a cold summer day. The walls were freshly painted with an off-white color with dark brown accents. And the floors were these pale birch-colored wooden tiles, our lockers had been painted white for this year. Tall, rectangular lockers. I walk to my locker and start grabbing my things, as I grab onto my Earth and life book I feel someone tap on my shoulder...

"Good morning Ethan!!" I heard a familiar voice say

"Good morning Rachel, did you get your hair cut?" I asked

"Are you seriously asking me that? You asked me that last week... and the week before that, but anyway, have you heard? There's a new transfer student, and I heard he's really hot hehe!" Rachel asked

"Haha, very funny, our summer break lasted 4 months and that's the first thing you say to me? Well, I'll be the judge of that. Besides he's probably out of my league. Also, it's a new school year so of course there are new students, but, what'd you say his name was?" I asked her

"Oh, uhm... I don't know, but I saw him walking into school earlier!" She said happily

"What'd he look like?" I calmly asked as we searched for Ms. Tara's classroom.

"Well he's like, maybe an inch or 2 taller than you, he also uhm... had like dark brown hair and eyes I think, he also had a slim figure, y'know?" I barely understood what she said but okay.

I didn't think much of it, she talks about these cute boys in school all the time, you could say she's my wing-woman, trying to find me a partner and stuff. But I'd much rather find someone myself, makes it feel more personal.

Oh! Where are my manners? This is Rachel, we met back in elementary and we've been best friends ever since. Rachel is a really good friend, she always has my back and I'll always have hers. She's a pretty girl who disregards her popularity, she always looks clean, never haggard. Her hair is always perfect and her makeup is always on point. But don't underestimate her, she's very smart. The embodiment of Brains and Beauty. She's like a real-life Barbie doll, her face never has a pimple, and she has thick, long blonde hair and long eyelashes. She has big blue eyes and always has a gentle expression on her face.