Your Sure About This Right?

"Gabby look right here" the paparazzi says
"How are you feeling about your dads new marriage" another one screams while flashing a light in my eyes. "Gabby, Gabby what's going on between you and Mark Estapa" another one asks.

I sprint as fast as I can to my car, buckle up the seat and drive away. As soon as I think I'm safe from everyone seeing me I call my best friend Leia. As I'm tapping on her contact name she calls me first.

"Hey girl" she says over the phone. "Hi" I say back. "Sooooooo I know your like going on tour in umm like 5 weeks butttttt you need a fucking vacation because all these papps are driving ya mental sooooo I booked us a flight to Hawaii, surprise" Leia says hoping the girl won't turn it down.

"Leia I love you but I can't right now it's too busy plus the fact I'm dropping in album in exactly 32 hours and I just can't right I'm sorry babes" I say hoping she won't be too mad.

"Ughhhh fine but atleast open your car door I'm seriously right here where I've been waiting for you to pick me up" Leia says while hanging up and hopping in the girls car.

"To be honest" Leia said. "I get that the album is dropping soon but your so stressed, not only with the album but also with your dads new marriage and all the drama with the UMICH boys you need thi-"she continued but I cut her off.

"I'll go" I said quickly just trying to shut up my hyper best friend. "YAYYY ok we leave Thursday" she said smiling. "Sooo, ok umm I'll drop the album at 12 est time Thursday then- wait what times the flight?"I asked. "It leaves ummm,
let me check" she said while whipping out her phone while I get onto the highway.

"Thursday at 3:45 am" she tells me with a look on her face saying I'm gonna have the biggest nap ever on that flight. "Okay sounds good, guess I'll have to pack alottt tonight" I told her while opening up the parking garage to our apartment.

While we're walking towards the elevator we see our cocky as hell playgirl puck-bunny of a neighbour walking out with a very old man. And when I say old I mean wrinkly to the nines. He kissed her cheek then walks out of the building.

"Looks like she's onto a new breed" Leia says while I press the elevator button trying not to laugh my ass off.

"I guess so" I say

"Your sure about this right?" Leia says while I eye her like she's crazy.

"Sure about what?" I say and now it's her turn to eye me like I'm crazy.

"You know this whole trip. I know I just sprung it on you and stuff but don't feel pressured. I get that's there's a lot going on with your dads new marriage and all this drama that people are making about you and Marky. Plus you have this big album coming out." She speeled about.

"Leia, listen to me" I say while opening up our door. "I love you sooooo much and your right I really do need this trip so don't say I'm being pressured because I will do anything for you. So suck it up butter cup because you have to help me pack for freaking Hawaii" I say.

"Okay okay sooo-"

_______________________________

-FIVE HOURS LATER-

Finally after four hours of packing both mine and Leia's suitcases and one hour of binge watching tv in Leia's room she's fast asleep and I'm getting ready to hop into bed when I hear my phone ringing.

I pick it up and see it's my new "brother"Hunter calling so I let it ring a few times before answering.

"Hello step-brother of mine" I say into the phone because I love how much it annoys him.

"Why don't you just call me by my actual name Gabriella" he says over the tone in his what I like to call sassy queen voice.

"That right there. You calling me Gabriella is why I don't call you by your real name" I say laughing while I hear him chuckle.

"You know your dad really misses you. I mean our dad, that's still so weird to say-"

"Even weirder to hear" I add

"Anyways back to why I called. I heard you and Leia are going to Hawaii and I was wondering when??" He said like it was his life mission to find out. Almost he he was a super spy with a mission, a bad mission might I add.

"We're leaving Thursday...." I added with suspicion. "Why might I ask??"

"Well the team is having to do this team bonding thing and we'll um we're going to Hawaii tooo. And before you say anything I texted Leia this morning and turns out we're at the same resort and everything" he says

"You've gotta be shitting me" I said annoyed "You know what I do not care. Just pretend like you don't know me got it?!?!?" I added

"Got it" he said, "I gotta get to bed it's damn only 11:30. But still I've gotta pack. Bye Gabby" he says

"Bye Hunter" I say before hanging up and laying down to try to fall asleep.

_______________________________

It's been 3 hours, now it's 1:30 am and I'm stuck thinking about this trip.

I know for a fact I need this trip. To finally get away and relax for once. But to be honest seeing Hunter and all of his super duper hot teammates is gonna throw me for a loop.

I'm not a puck-bunny or whatever but that doesn't mean I don't like to indulge myself in some fine ass men.

So while I'm thinking about said trip, I'm reaching over onto my nightstand to grab my computer.

Typing in my password I've had since I got this thing -Strawberry123- I know, I know but it's not my fault I was eating Strawberries and it popped up in my mind.

But aside from that I'm searching up the Chicago Blackhawks 2023-2024 season roster and am I shocked.

I mean sure there are some older guys like Nick Foligno. But there's also some young guys like Kevin Korchinski and Alex Vlasic and while I'm looking at it my memory completely remembered that this is the team Hunter's on.

I'm scrolling through it when my worst absolute possible fear springs to life.

Number 98 centre for the Chicago Blackhawks is none other than Connor mother-fucking Bedard.

The dude I've been hoping to date since I saw my first ever WHL game and he was in it.

He flashed me and smile and winked pointing at me and then the net signalling that he was going to get a goal for me.

And I know he was pointing at me because at the time nobody else was sitting around me at all because I liked being punctual.

He did indeed end up scoring for me, but then after disappeared not even bothering to ask for my snap or number or even instagram.

Since then I've pushed that crush deep down pretending like I never even met him but really just wanting him to be mine and only mine.

I close my computer, setting it back on the nightstand while tucking myself back underneath the blankets while trying to sleep.

Slowly and slowly I drift off the sleep but not before I think about Connor for the first time in years.